The Athletic: State of the Hoops Program: Minnesota starts over with a new nucleus

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dustin:

Richard Pitino entered the 2018-19 season like a poker player down to his last chips. He needed to win just to keep playing.

The 37-year-old son of the exiled Hall of Famer had won an NIT in his first year at Minnesota in 2013-14 but had been to just one NCAA Tournament before last season, taking a first-round exit in 2017. The 2017-18 season was a disaster thanks to injuries and other personnel issues, as the Gophers started the season ranked in the top 15 but lost 14 of their last 16 games to finish 15-17 and out of the postseason. That put Pitino squarely on the hot seat.

But Pitino had good enough cards to play with size across the board and forward Jordan Murphy returning. The Golden Gophers won just enough for Pitino to play on, earning a No. 10 seed in the NCAA Tournament with a seventh-place Big Ten finish, a 21-13 record on Selection Sunday and knocking off Louisville to claim Minnesota’s first NCAA win since 2013 and its second since the vacated Final...

https://theathletic.com/1106158/201...ram-minnesota-starts-over-with-a-new-nucleus/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you feel the same way if somebody was stealing your hard work, efforts and fruits of your talent and giving it away for free? If so, please let me know what it is you do well enough to get paid for, come to my place and do that work for me for free. I'll be sure to say Thanks.

Would you feel the same way if somebody was stealing your hard work, efforts and fruits of your talent and giving it away for free? If so, please let me know what it is you do well enough to get paid for, come to my place and do that work for me for free. I'll be sure to say Thanks.
He didn't copy and paste article he just posted the link, and quite frankly they give you a free trial anyways.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't know what's wrong with you two. He barely copies and pastes, so he's actually doing these sites and authors a favor. Ignore these weirdos, Bleed. 99% of us are very grateful for your posts.

Stop posting links to pay sites.

Why ? He is promoting the Athletic for free. FYI , the athletic is the best of what is out there. Not saying much but they have a collection of talented not available anywhere else for sports fans.

Get over yourself. The two paragraphs Bleed pasted make up the lede the Athletic put out there to lure people in. Go on, click the link and you’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oturu and Kalscheur are some nice players that should be around for awhile. Curry is cool if he's healthy. Outside of that, this season is going to be all about finding out what the nucleus can be. Hopefully Carr shows he can be. Jarvis seems pretty athletically gifted, but still seems to have a long way to go as a player. Maybe with a pretty thin roster, he will be thrust in to action, and could surprise us?

Oturu and Kalscheur. I would say those are the only two we can pencil in to rely on, outside of injury.

Oturu and Kalscheur are some nice players that should be around for awhile. Curry is cool if he's healthy. Outside of that, this season is going to be all about finding out what the nucleus can be. Hopefully Carr shows he can be. Jarvis seems pretty athletically gifted, but still seems to have a long way to go as a player. Maybe with a pretty thin roster, he will be thrust in to action, and could surprise us?

Oturu and Kalscheur. I would say those are the only two we can pencil in to rely on, outside of injury.

So basically youre disregarding what Pitino has been saying about Carr and Willis for the past year?

You just don’t get it.

Bleed has done a great job of posting links to Gophers “news” for years. He is like a Gopher Sports news accumulator and does the leg work to keep all of us updated. He never posts info that isn’t available to the public. As others have stated, the part he posted is exactly what anyone can read on the link. It is the teaser opening of the article and not all of the content.

In general, you have a valid point, but not in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Total d-bag worthy post.

51YEfrfos8L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFOUR%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA(23%20Reviews)%2C445%2C291%2C400%2C400%2Carial%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

So basically youre disregarding what Pitino has been saying about Carr and Willis for the past year?

coach speak. Maybe theyre good, maybe they arent. I remember some high praise for Washington as well.

Thanks Bleed. Keep em coming

And also if you are a frequent poster, please consider donating to Les Bolstad, so he might have enough money to join a pay site or two.

The Athletic is great. It's the one site I pay for currently. Great content.

coach speak. Maybe theyre good, maybe they arent. I remember some high praise for Washington as well.

We'll see how this ages. Washington was a HS kid making the transition. Carr and Willis both came from playing at Power 5 programs and have been practicing for over a year with the team. I think there is a bit more sample size here

Top Bottom