Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Week 1 (or zero) - Other Games Thread!

Two games this week.

Miami at Flordia. - Tate Martell did not win the starting job at Miami. Florida is ranked #8.
    Florida favored by 7. Important ACC / SEC matchup to possibly lay the groundwork for some CFP arguments down the road.

Arizona at Hawai'i.
    Arizona is favored by 11. A loss to Hawai'i could be the first sign of a weak PAC12.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Also if you want to get a head start with some FCS there's Villanova vs Colgate at 11 and Youngstown St vs Samford at 2. Not FBS but hey, football is football.
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!111!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Two games this week.

Miami at Flordia. - Tate Martell did not win the starting job at Miami. Florida is ranked #8.
    Florida favored by 7. Important ACC / SEC matchup to possibly lay the groundwork for some CFP arguments down the road.

Arizona at Hawai'i.
    Arizona is favored by 11. A loss to Hawai'i could be the first sign of a weak PAC12.

The "Florida Flop" the Gator's did against Miami in the Orange Bowl is one the great in-your-face moments in college football. In case you don't know the story, here's the short version. Going into the game, Florida quarterback John Reaves needed 343 passing yards to break Jim Plunkett's NCAA career passing record of 7,544 yards. Near the end of the game, Florida was winning 45-8 but Miami had the ball, time is running out, and Reaves was 10 yards short of Plunkett's record. That's when Florida did "The Flop", got the ball back, and Reaves got his 10 yards to set the record. Check it out, by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    The "Florida Flop" the Gator's did against Miami in the Orange Bowl is one the great in-your-face moments in college football. In case you don't know the story, here's the short version. Going into the game, Florida quarterback John Reaves needed 343 passing yards to break Jim Plunkett's NCAA career passing record of 7,544 yards. Near the end of the game, Florida was winning 45-8 but Miami had the ball, time is running out, and Reaves was 10 yards short of Plunkett's record. That's when Florida did "The Flop", got the ball back, and Reaves got his 10 yards to set the record. Check it out, by clicking here.
    I'm not gonna get Rick Rolled am I?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Duplicate
    Last edited by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0; 08-24-2019 at 12:52 AM.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Two games this week.

Arizona at Hawai'i.
    Miami vs Florida is interesting.
    I think florida has a great coach. I think Miami could go 7-5. I think they could win the coastal though. Miami might be strange enough and the coastal bad enough for Miami to go 7-5 yet win the coastal anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBoxGopher View Post
    Also if you want to get a head start with some FCS there's Villanova vs Colgate at 11 and Youngstown St vs Samford at 2. Not FBS but hey, football is football.

Always fun to see if coach P’s head explodes
    Might watch Youngstown st

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    I didn't know about that. Thanks for sharing.

The sportscaster at the end is the best part.

College Gameday! Segment one. 10 minutes in Desmond Howard says he loves the Gophers in the West and is a fan of what PJ Fleck is doing. This Tyler Johnson is a sleeper on the Heismen watch!

Things just seem different this year!

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheLibrary View Post
    College Gameday! Segment one. 10 minutes in Desmond Howard says he loves the Gophers in the West and is a fan of what PJ Fleck is doing. This Tyler Johnson is a sleeper on the Heismen watch!

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?
    Nope. Desmond said Tyler Johnson might be the best WR in the nation.

When they have their official picks on the West it went as follows: Herbie/Des: Wisconsin, Pollack: Iowa, Rece: Nebraska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know about that. Thanks for sharing.

The sportscaster at the end is the best part.
    That was the sportscaster from Miami, not Gainesville. I went to grad school at the U of Florida, and "The Flop" get's played a lot whenever Miami is on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheLibrary View Post

Howard also picked Wisconsin to win the Big Ten and make the CFP.