Week 1 (or zero) - Other Games Thread!

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Two games this week.

Miami at Flordia. - Tate Martell did not win the starting job at Miami. Florida is ranked #8.
Florida favored by 7. Important ACC / SEC matchup to possibly lay the groundwork for some CFP arguments down the road.

Arizona at Hawai'i.
Arizona is favored by 11. A loss to Hawai'i could be the first sign of a weak PAC12.

Also if you want to get a head start with some FCS there's Villanova vs Colgate at 11 and Youngstown St vs Samford at 2. Not FBS but hey, football is football.

FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!111!1!

1xnabf.jpg

Two games this week.

Miami at Flordia. - Tate Martell did not win the starting job at Miami. Florida is ranked #8.
Florida favored by 7. Important ACC / SEC matchup to possibly lay the groundwork for some CFP arguments down the road.

Arizona at Hawai'i.
Arizona is favored by 11. A loss to Hawai'i could be the first sign of a weak PAC12.

The "Florida Flop" the Gator's did against Miami in the Orange Bowl is one the great in-your-face moments in college football. In case you don't know the story, here's the short version. Going into the game, Florida quarterback John Reaves needed 343 passing yards to break Jim Plunkett's NCAA career passing record of 7,544 yards. Near the end of the game, Florida was winning 45-8 but Miami had the ball, time is running out, and Reaves was 10 yards short of Plunkett's record. That's when Florida did "The Flop", got the ball back, and Reaves got his 10 yards to set the record. Check it out, by clicking here.

The "Florida Flop" the Gator's did against Miami in the Orange Bowl is one the great in-your-face moments in college football. In case you don't know the story, here's the short version. Going into the game, Florida quarterback John Reaves needed 343 passing yards to break Jim Plunkett's NCAA career passing record of 7,544 yards. Near the end of the game, Florida was winning 45-8 but Miami had the ball, time is running out, and Reaves was 10 yards short of Plunkett's record. That's when Florida did "The Flop", got the ball back, and Reaves got his 10 yards to set the record. Check it out, by clicking here.

I'm not gonna get Rick Rolled am I?

Two games this week.

Arizona at Hawai'i.

Miami vs Florida is interesting.
I think florida has a great coach. I think Miami could go 7-5. I think they could win the coastal though. Miami might be strange enough and the coastal bad enough for Miami to go 7-5 yet win the coastal anyways.

Also if you want to get a head start with some FCS there's Villanova vs Colgate at 11 and Youngstown St vs Samford at 2. Not FBS but hey, football is football.

Always fun to see if coach P’s head explodes
Might watch Youngstown st

I didn't know about that. Thanks for sharing.

The sportscaster at the end is the best part.

College Gameday! Segment one. 10 minutes in Desmond Howard says he loves the Gophers in the West and is a fan of what PJ Fleck is doing. This Tyler Johnson is a sleeper on the Heismen watch!

Things just seem different this year!

College Gameday! Segment one. 10 minutes in Desmond Howard says he loves the Gophers in the West and is a fan of what PJ Fleck is doing. This Tyler Johnson is a sleeper on the Heismen watch!

Are you kidding me?

When they have their official picks on the West it went as follows: Herbie/Des: Wisconsin, Pollack: Iowa, Rece: Nebraska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know about that. Thanks for sharing.

The sportscaster at the end is the best part.

That was the sportscaster from Miami, not Gainesville. I went to grad school at the U of Florida, and "The Flop" get's played a lot whenever Miami is on the schedule.

Howard also picked Wisconsin to win the Big Ten and make the CFP.

If the squad wins the Big Ten championship, and Tyler has 1300+ yards and something like 12-13 TDs, he could easily be a finalist. Desmond picked Rondale Moore to win it.

If the squad wins the Big Ten championship, and Tyler has 1300+ yards and something like 12-13 TDs, he could easily be a finalist. Desmond picked Rondale Moore to win it.

Of Rondale Moore wins it it means Sindelar is way better than I think he is

Florida looks sloppy, big first half for Miami.

Go Gophers!!

Brutal special teams turnover by Miami. Wozow.

Go Gophers!!

Brutal special teams turnover by Miami. Wozow.

Go Gophers!!

Watching the same game. Yes also miss tackles etc. Like the announcers said college teams have no pre-season games etc. Always wondered what would happen if the NFL did away with preseason? They complain about getting hurt in the pre-season, complain about 4 games to play etc., in the pre-season complain, complain etc. Step up and play like the College boys then!

I can't believe Florida threw the ball there. WOW!

Go Gophers!!

I feel like the coaches need to start throwing some chairs around. This is an ugly game. Can they both lose?

I’m not very impressed with Miami at all, yet somehow they still have a chance to win.

I’m not very impressed with Miami at all, yet somehow they still have a chance to win.

Such a sloppy game (foolish mistakes) that it is aggravating. Neither team deserves to win.

Last edited:

Seemed like textbook pass interference in the end zone at the end. Clear body to body contact causing him to fall backward.

Those flags don’t get picked up often. Oh well. I was hoping Miami would pull it out. Glad Croft found a home.

When watching a game like tonight, you can appreciate a team with a big line and a sound running game.

The McDonald QB at Hawaii... he throws some dumb INTs, but holy can he throw a nice deep ball.

The McDonald QB at Hawaii... he throws some dumb INTs, but holy can he throw a nice deep ball.

He’s solid. His first 6 games last year he had 24 TDS and 2 INTs
He gutted through injury and ended up with 36 TDs and 10 INTs on season.
Tonight so far - 378 4 TDs 4 INTs; stats will work themselves out but, if healthy, he will put up nice numbers. Throwing motion is a bit unusual- winds up if you will - but he certainly can chuck the ball.

I feel like the coaches need to start throwing some chairs around. This is an ugly game. Can they both lose?

If Florida is really a Top 25 team at the end of the season then the quality of college football has sharply declined since last year. Maybe its just because these guys had 1 less week to prepare, maybe it was the heat, but both FL and Miami looked just terrible.

Top Bottom