Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Gophers/SDSU game will be a success if?...(fill in the blank)

...we dominate D-line play, get legit pressure on their QB, and control the line of scrimmage on the offensive end.

Oh, and finish the night with a 1-0 record.

Go Gophers!!

Look good generally and win.

First and foremost get the W and do it in non dramatic fashion preferably. Doesn't have to be a blowout but a double digit win with no late game drama would make the game a success in my opinion.

they win. and Morgan stays healthy. It would also be nice if a few people show up for the game.

Win.
    No major injuries.
    Back ups get significant playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Win.
    No major injuries.
    Back ups get significant playing time.
    +107

We win with no significant injuries.

Except maybe PJ pulling a hammy on his sprint between quarters.

Blog Entries

No doubter...starrt fast....17+ point win

no injuries
    Last edited by OddStack; 08-29-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Win only earns a C. That is what is expected
    Win without late stress+ No Injuries That is a B
    Blowout win + no injuries = A

L=F

there is no * grade however

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Win only earns a C. That is what is expected
    Win without late stress+ No Injuries That is a B
    Blowout win + no injuries = A

L=F

there is no * grade however
    Like it or not, this SDSU team would probably finish higher than Illinois and Rutgers in the Big Ten. Maybe for those games you’d also demand a blow out to get an A. I respect your opinion, but mine is that this can be a good, hard fought win without needing to win by 3+ scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Like it or not, this SDSU team would probably finish higher than Illinois and Rutgers in the Big Ten. Maybe for those games you’d also demand a blow out to get an A. I respect your opinion, but mine is that this can be a good, hard fought win without needing to win by 3+ scores.
    Not demanding a blowout.

The last time SDSU was on the field they got manhandled by NDSU 41-21 and couldn't physically match up with them. If we can't push around SDSU and expose a (rs)Freshman making his first start, this season will start out below expectations. I think it'll be close at half and we pull away a little in 2nd half.

Turnovers being the huge variable, we start turning it over, anything can happen, they turn it over few times it'll possibly turn into a laugher

Not demanding a blowout.

The last time SDSU was on the field they got manhandled by NDSU 41-21 and couldn't physically match up with them. If we can't push around SDSU and expose a (rs)Freshman making his first start, this season will start out below expectations. I think it'll be close at half and we pull away a little in 2nd half.

Turnovers being the huge variable, we start turning it over, anything can happen, they turn it over few times it'll possibly turn into a laugher
    NDSU in a playoff scenario is a bad example. They are a team nobody wants to play down the stretch.

For me the success is the Gophers imposing their will in the running game in the second half. 200 rushing yards in the 2nd half will blasting open the run game.

Not demanding a blowout.

Our OL got pushed around a lot vs Fresno to start last year but hey got back into shape.

Just win baby
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

After being gone too long it's great to be back in the Cities and around Gopher football again!

I would say any win is a success, but will sleep better if it is by a couple of scores.

The alternative of not getting a win - the boat will be taking on significant amounts of water and PJ may be without a life vest. I am not sure the band would keep playing either. Too much energy (because we don't believe in momentum) going into the season. I will just take any win during the non-conference season and get ready for the BIG schedule!