Jim Dutcher: Proportionally Minnesota turns out more D I players than any placce

per Shama:

Former Golden Gophers basketball coach Jim Dutcher talking about the quality of high school basketball in the state: “Proportionally (by population in the U.S.), Minnesota turns out more Division I players than any place in the country.”

https://www.wctrib.com/sports/football/4619431-Shama-Former-coach-high-on-2019-Vikings

Go Gophers!!

I would believe this. Does anyone know of any stats out there somewhere that could show how accurate this is?

I would believe this. Does anyone know of any stats out there somewhere that could show how accurate this is?

Will try and access my sons data bank for this. The simple answer is it depends on what time frame you use. Just a few years ago the answer would be no.

I've been saying it a lot. Minnesota highschool has some very good programs. And they arent just pumping out mid tier talent. They have had a number of 1st round talent the last few years...Tre and Tyus, Trent Jr (just barely out of the 1st round), Vaughn, likely Matt Hurt, and likely Jalen Suggs.

Then plenty of other guys who have or will get their cup of tea in the NBA...Coffey and Macura off the top of my head.

A few other guys who will likely land on one of the lists too...Oturu, Kalscheur, NNanji

Top Bottom