Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They’re going to save the playbook for the Big Ten.

/s

Fans in recent years after the non con

Rodney takes the hand off at the 12 yard line, spin move, and rushes into the endzone.
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    The OC has a laminated game plan sheet where they group the play calls by situation (down, distance, where on the field, etc). They put in the plays that they like and the plays that looked the best during practice that week against the scout team.

So, it’s almost impossible to make any kind of non-wild guess what the first play will be, without knowing the situation.

But, assuming we’re 1st and 10, somewhere early to mid field (not red zone, not pinned back), and regardless what the score is at that point, I will guess that he first play will be a simple run handoff to get everyone’s feet wet, let the blockers bulldoze, etc.
    Good grief...

Although I think we could run 100% of the time and win our first game, I also think Fleck would like Bateman and/or Johnson big games as often as possible, so I’m going with deep ball down the sideline to Bateman.

Quote Originally Posted by PoockItInfor6 View Post
    Although I think we could run 100% of the time and win our first game, I also think Fleck would like Bateman and/or Johnson big games as often as possible, so I’m going with deep ball down the sideline to Bateman.
    Drive them capped off by a Green 2 yard TD on 2nd and goal.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Good grief...
    You’re welcome. Anything else I can educate you on? Football, life?

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    They’re going to save the playbook for the Big Ten.

/s

Fans in recent years after the non con

HA!!

Correct. Then the Maryland game last year ... most of those folks jumped off a steep ledge.

First play: RPO with the pass going to TJ on the slant

First Score: Rodney Smith 12 yard run
    Who hates iowa?

If the first play is anything but a handoff to Rodney, I'll be shocked. First TD is a scoop & score by Thomas Rush.

HA!!

Correct. Then the Maryland game last year ... most of those folks jumped off a steep ledge.
    Your favorite game of 2018.

The OC has a laminated game plan sheet where they group the play calls by situation (down, distance, where on the field, etc). They put in the plays that they like and the plays that looked the best during practice that week against the scout team.

So, it’s almost impossible to make any kind of non-wild guess what the first play will be, without knowing the situation.
    Dear God. Even I think you are a wet blanket.

Of course it is a guess. I think you misunderstand the point of a message board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Of course it is a guess.
    Let me know if I can educate you on anything else

Let me know if I can educate you on anything else
    Sure - tell me what you think the definition of an expectation is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Strong belief

Morgan lines up as a WR, Seth Green takes the snap and fumbles it. SDSU linebacker scoops and scores, but as he crosses the goal line he's demolished by Tanner Morgan, who is called for targeting and has to leave the game. Green remains in the game as QB and leads the Gophers to a 49-7 victory, which precipitates a quarterback controversy that doesn't end until Annexstad returns from injury, starts against Wisconsin, and leads the Gophers to their second and final win of the season. Final record: 2-10.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.