Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31

    Default

    What was the story with his benching here again?

    There was a lot of speculation about drugs or grades, then PJ came out and said it wasn't about either of those. Then some story broke about how he knocked down some girls door in the dorms or something, and PJ made his wear a suit and go apologize to those girls...but it wasn't a big deal because he didn't realize or know he was hitting that door, and he said everyone laughed about it...weird story it was.


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    7,063

    Default

    Did anyone else read the headline of this thread in a Jar Jar Binks voice?

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Did anyone else read the headline of this thread in a Jar Jar Binks voice?

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Yousa Might'n Be Sayin Dat.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skauma View Post
    What was the story with his benching here again?

    There was a lot of speculation about drugs or grades, then PJ came out and said it wasn't about either of those. Then some story broke about how he knocked down some girls door in the dorms or something, and PJ made his wear a suit and go apologize to those girls...but it wasn't a big deal because he didn't realize or know he was hitting that door, and he said everyone laughed about it...weird story it was.
    He was accused of damaging a door. Not sure if it was ever confirmed

  5. #35

    Default Demry in some big, big trouble...

    A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

    1. Knocking down a girlís door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you donít accidentally knock down a door, btw).

    2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I donít know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

    3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

    4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

    5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

    6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

    The above most likely applies to ZA too.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 08-21-2019 at 07:13 AM.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

    1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

    2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

    3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

    4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

    5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

    6. Joining in on a train on a drunk cheerleader.

    The above most likely applies to ZA too.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I feel like when you're dealing with kids you don't know ... "unlikely to happen" has very little meaning.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,547

    Default

    okay... someone can confirm this or set me straight, but as I was on twitter last night clicking on various linked articles about everything from squirrels in Target Field to Demry Croft rape allegations - if memory serves me the Strib article included an action photo of Croft playing for the Gophers. If so, it has been replaced now with a similar shot of him playing for his current team. I remember distinctly thinking to myself "that figures"

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    okay... someone can confirm this or set me straight, but as I was on twitter last night clicking on various linked articles about everything from squirrels in Target Field to Demry Croft rape allegations - if memory serves me the Strib article included an action photo of Croft playing for the Gophers. If so, it has been replaced now with a similar shot of him playing for his current team. I remember distinctly thinking to myself "that figures"
    Trib can feel like it is "out to get" the U sometimes... but at the same time, they probabbly only would have a pick of him at the U handy at least at first.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    7,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

    1. Knocking down a girlís door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you donít accidentally knock down a door, btw).

    2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I donít know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

    3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

    4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

    5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

    6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

    The above most likely applies to ZA too.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Number four was Phillip Nelson and Demry wasn't apart of number six

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

    1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

    2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

    3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

    4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

    5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

    6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

    The above most likely applies to ZA too.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct me if I am wrong, but was ZA even on the team when half that stuff happened? Wouldn't he still have been in HS?

  11. #41

    Default

    i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.
    Yeah I've no problem with taking a chance on some guys.

    Jerry supposedly got Ra'Shede Hageman in line for a few years... didn't stick, but that is what happens.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    Having written that, I like Tennessee and think I could actually live happily in Nashville, but probably not Memphis.
    I lived there once but I wouldn't live there again. Having said that, Nashville is one of my favorite cities and even Memphis can be fun to visit. Unfortunately, as far as living, Nashville has experienced soaring housing prices in the last 15 years or so.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Number four was Phillip Nelson and Demry wasn't apart of number six

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Iím aware.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.
    Yep, and old PJ gave up on him just as Demry was about to turn his life around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •