Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What was the story with his benching here again?

There was a lot of speculation about drugs or grades, then PJ came out and said it wasn't about either of those. Then some story broke about how he knocked down some girls door in the dorms or something, and PJ made his wear a suit and go apologize to those girls...but it wasn't a big deal because he didn't realize or know he was hitting that door, and he said everyone laughed about it...weird story it was.

Did anyone else read the headline of this thread in a Jar Jar Binks voice?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Did anyone else read the headline of this thread in a Jar Jar Binks voice?

Yousa Might'n Be Sayin Dat.

Quote Originally Posted by skauma View Post
    What was the story with his benching here again?

There was a lot of speculation about drugs or grades, then PJ came out and said it wasn't about either of those. Then some story broke about how he knocked down some girls door in the dorms or something, and PJ made his wear a suit and go apologize to those girls...but it wasn't a big deal because he didn't realize or know he was hitting that door, and he said everyone laughed about it...weird story it was.
    He was accused of damaging a door. Not sure if it was ever confirmed

Default Demry in some big, big trouble...

A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

1. Knocking down a girlís door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you donít accidentally knock down a door, btw).

2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I donít know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

The above most likely applies to ZA too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 08-21-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post

1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

6. Joining in on a train on a drunk cheerleader.

I feel like when you're dealing with kids you don't know ... "unlikely to happen" has very little meaning.

okay... someone can confirm this or set me straight, but as I was on twitter last night clicking on various linked articles about everything from squirrels in Target Field to Demry Croft rape allegations - if memory serves me the Strib article included an action photo of Croft playing for the Gophers. If so, it has been replaced now with a similar shot of him playing for his current team. I remember distinctly thinking to myself "that figures"

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    okay... someone can confirm this or set me straight, but as I was on twitter last night clicking on various linked articles about everything from squirrels in Target Field to Demry Croft rape allegations - if memory serves me the Strib article included an action photo of Croft playing for the Gophers. If so, it has been replaced now with a similar shot of him playing for his current team. I remember distinctly thinking to myself "that figures"
    Trib can feel like it is "out to get" the U sometimes... but at the same time, they probabbly only would have a pick of him at the U handy at least at first.

1. Knocking down a girlís door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you donít accidentally knock down a door, btw).

2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I donít know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

Number four was Phillip Nelson and Demry wasn't apart of number six

1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

Correct me if I am wrong, but was ZA even on the team when half that stuff happened? Wouldn't he still have been in HS?

i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.
    Yeah I've no problem with taking a chance on some guys.

Jerry supposedly got Ra'Shede Hageman in line for a few years... didn't stick, but that is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    Having written that, I like Tennessee and think I could actually live happily in Nashville, but probably not Memphis.
    I lived there once but I wouldn't live there again. Having said that, Nashville is one of my favorite cities and even Memphis can be fun to visit. Unfortunately, as far as living, Nashville has experienced soaring housing prices in the last 15 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Number four was Phillip Nelson and Demry wasn't apart of number six

Iím aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    Yep, and old PJ gave up on him just as Demry was about to turn his life around.