Demry in some big, big trouble...

What was the story with his benching here again?

There was a lot of speculation about drugs or grades, then PJ came out and said it wasn't about either of those. Then some story broke about how he knocked down some girls door in the dorms or something, and PJ made his wear a suit and go apologize to those girls...but it wasn't a big deal because he didn't realize or know he was hitting that door, and he said everyone laughed about it...weird story it was.

Did anyone else read the headline of this thread in a Jar Jar Binks voice?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What was the story with his benching here again?

There was a lot of speculation about drugs or grades, then PJ came out and said it wasn't about either of those. Then some story broke about how he knocked down some girls door in the dorms or something, and PJ made his wear a suit and go apologize to those girls...but it wasn't a big deal because he didn't realize or know he was hitting that door, and he said everyone laughed about it...weird story it was.

He was accused of damaging a door. Not sure if it was ever confirmed

A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

The above most likely applies to ZA too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

6. Joining in on a train on a drunk cheerleader.

I feel like when you're dealing with kids you don't know ... "unlikely to happen" has very little meaning.

okay... someone can confirm this or set me straight, but as I was on twitter last night clicking on various linked articles about everything from squirrels in Target Field to Demry Croft rape allegations - if memory serves me the Strib article included an action photo of Croft playing for the Gophers. If so, it has been replaced now with a similar shot of him playing for his current team. I remember distinctly thinking to myself "that figures"

okay... someone can confirm this or set me straight, but as I was on twitter last night clicking on various linked articles about everything from squirrels in Target Field to Demry Croft rape allegations - if memory serves me the Strib article included an action photo of Croft playing for the Gophers. If so, it has been replaced now with a similar shot of him playing for his current team. I remember distinctly thinking to myself "that figures"

Trib can feel like it is "out to get" the U sometimes... but at the same time, they probabbly only would have a pick of him at the U handy at least at first.

Number four was Phillip Nelson and Demry wasn't apart of number six

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong, but was ZA even on the team when half that stuff happened? Wouldn't he still have been in HS?

i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.

i will say, demry was recruited and signed by kill. ol 'jer is a ball coach, it's who he is, it's in his blood. he uses football as a vehicle to turn boys into men, and he didn't have a chance due to health reasons to help demry's entire transition from a boy into a man. demry was a lost young man who could have benefited from kill's continued mentorship.

Yeah I've no problem with taking a chance on some guys.

Jerry supposedly got Ra'Shede Hageman in line for a few years... didn't stick, but that is what happens.

Having written that, I like Tennessee and think I could actually live happily in Nashville, but probably not Memphis.

I lived there once but I wouldn't live there again. Having said that, Nashville is one of my favorite cities and even Memphis can be fun to visit. Unfortunately, as far as living, Nashville has experienced soaring housing prices in the last 15 years or so.

Yep, and old PJ gave up on him just as Demry was about to turn his life around.

I’m aware.

Right - cuz it was more of a “this wouldn’t happen with PJ” post, correct? You do know a couple WMU players were expelled for armed robbery when PJ was there, right? Was that on PJ?

Right - cuz it was more of a “this wouldn’t happen with PJ” post, correct? You do know a couple WMU players were expelled for armed robbery when PJ was there, right? Was that on PJ?

From what I recall from that story, there were plenty of red flags with at least one of those kids. Coaches can’t always control what their players do away from the field, but PJ shouldn’t have brought that kid into his program, IMO. How did I do?

Based on what? You figured out Croft would be involved in some of those before he was suspended the first time? You can judge character by looking at a player on the sidelines???

From what I recall from that story, there were plenty of red flags with at least one of those kids. Coaches can’t always control what their players do away from the field, but PJ shouldn’t have brought that kid into his program, IMO. How did I do?

Hard to do worse than your original post, tbh.

I’m also curious why those things only “most likely” apply to ZA?

IIRC it was his companion. I suppose one could view him as an accomplice by association. Schools don’t prosecute vandalism? I find that hard to believe.

I personally know two literal and figurative Boy Scouts that have been smeared by a)immature AND crazy and b) spiteful ladder climber females, respectively. You’d be wise to NEVER assume things are as simple as they appear.

how many here partook in underage drinking

Drinking

Fair enough

She wasn’t drunk, and we don’t know if a crime occurred

I wouldn’t claim to know anyone on the team well enough to determine their level of sociopathy. Really hard to tell about anyone by public persona.

Hard to do worse than your original post, tbh.

I’m also curious why those things only “most likely” apply to ZA?

LOL. I put ZA in the same category as TM.

I should have known people wouldn’t get my meaning with that post, but what’s done is done.

LOL. I put ZA in the same category as TM.

I should have known people wouldn’t get my meaning with that post, but what’s done is done.

Correct me if I am wrong.... your post’s meaning wasn’t about Demry, PN9, any of “the 10”, TM2, or ZA - it was about PJ.

I think PJ new that he had to be absolutely solid on the QB(s) with unquestionable leadership that will help build the program and in instilling culture.

Demry wasn't his guy. He's literally trying to recruit someone better constantly.

I think PJ new that he had to be absolutely solid on the QB(s) with unquestionable leadership that will help build the program and in instilling culture.

Demry wasn't his guy. He's literally trying to recruit someone better constantly.

PJ wants a certain type of dude that's for sure.

Although, he's shown flexibility, at WMU he didn't think the QB was his guy as he was kinda a reserved dude, but later they connected and came to an understanding.

Demry though, if the pot stuff was true and he got caught a couple times after being told not to ... that seems like a deal breaker for PJ. PJ seems cool with mistakes, but willfully breaking rules (if that was the case) ... probabbly not.

Correct me if I am wrong.... your post’s meaning wasn’t about Demry, PN9, any of “the 10”, TM2, or ZA - it was about PJ.

Not exactly. It admittedly wasn’t a very good post. The subject matter is too complex in that context. I’ll leave it there.

I like that ZA is now a word in Scrabble. Short for pizza.

Can't believe ESPN is using a photo of Demry in a Gophers uniform with the headline about his suspension on rape charges, really, no photos of him in a Tenn. State uni, B.S. if you ask me...

Can't believe ESPN is using a photo of Demry in a Gophers uniform with the headline about his suspension on rape charges, really, no photos of him in a Tenn. State uni, B.S. if you ask me...

I didn't believe you so I had to go look. That is UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE, the U should contact ESPN over this.

No publicity is bad publicity?????

wow, that is some BS.

I don't think its some huge anti-Gopher conspiracy, just more so that the Gophers are a Big Ten school, so they will get more views/clicks if they portray him as a Gopher.

Still complete BS though.

Top Bottom