Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    I’m aware.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right - cuz it was more of a “this wouldn’t happen with PJ” post, correct? You do know a couple WMU players were expelled for armed robbery when PJ was there, right? Was that on PJ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut


  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Right - cuz it was more of a “this wouldn’t happen with PJ” post, correct? You do know a couple WMU players were expelled for armed robbery when PJ was there, right? Was that on PJ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I recall from that story, there were plenty of red flags with at least one of those kids. Coaches can’t always control what their players do away from the field, but PJ shouldn’t have brought that kid into his program, IMO. How did I do?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,557
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

    1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

    2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

    3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

    4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

    5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

    6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

    The above most likely applies to ZA too.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based on what? You figured out Croft would be involved in some of those before he was suspended the first time? You can judge character by looking at a player on the sidelines???

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    From what I recall from that story, there were plenty of red flags with at least one of those kids. Coaches can’t always control what their players do away from the field, but PJ shouldn’t have brought that kid into his program, IMO. How did I do?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to do worse than your original post, tbh.

    I’m also curious why those things only “most likely” apply to ZA?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    A list of things not likely to happen to Tanner Morgan:

    1. Knocking down a girl’s door, and saying it was an accident, and everyone laughed about it (you don’t accidentally knock down a door, btw).

    IIRC it was his companion. I suppose one could view him as an accomplice by association. Schools don’t prosecute vandalism? I find that hard to believe.

    2. Charged with rape/sexual battery (I don’t know whether Demry is guilty of these crimes, but trouble seems to find him).

    I personally know two literal and figurative Boy Scouts that have been smeared by a)immature AND crazy and b) spiteful ladder climber females, respectively. You’d be wise to NEVER assume things are as simple as they appear.

    3. Swirling rumors of smoking weed (whether true or not).

    how many here partook in underage drinking

    4. Kicking someone in the head in an after bar brawl in the street.

    Drinking

    5. Being suspended by the team for any reason.

    Fair enough

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot one....

    6. Joining a train on a drunk cheerleader.

    She wasn’t drunk, and we don’t know if a crime occurred

    The above most likely applies to ZA too.

    I wouldn’t claim to know anyone on the team well enough to determine their level of sociopathy. Really hard to tell about anyone by public persona.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    .

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Hard to do worse than your original post, tbh.

    I’m also curious why those things only “most likely” apply to ZA?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. I put ZA in the same category as TM.

    I should have known people wouldn’t get my meaning with that post, but what’s done is done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    LOL. I put ZA in the same category as TM.

    I should have known people wouldn’t get my meaning with that post, but what’s done is done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct me if I am wrong.... your post’s meaning wasn’t about Demry, PN9, any of “the 10”, TM2, or ZA - it was about PJ.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,007
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think PJ new that he had to be absolutely solid on the QB(s) with unquestionable leadership that will help build the program and in instilling culture.

    Demry wasn't his guy. He's literally trying to recruit someone better constantly.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    I think PJ new that he had to be absolutely solid on the QB(s) with unquestionable leadership that will help build the program and in instilling culture.

    Demry wasn't his guy. He's literally trying to recruit someone better constantly.
    PJ wants a certain type of dude that's for sure.

    Although, he's shown flexibility, at WMU he didn't think the QB was his guy as he was kinda a reserved dude, but later they connected and came to an understanding.

    Demry though, if the pot stuff was true and he got caught a couple times after being told not to ... that seems like a deal breaker for PJ. PJ seems cool with mistakes, but willfully breaking rules (if that was the case) ... probabbly not.

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong.... your post’s meaning wasn’t about Demry, PN9, any of “the 10”, TM2, or ZA - it was about PJ.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not exactly. It admittedly wasn’t a very good post. The subject matter is too complex in that context. I’ll leave it there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong.... your post’s meaning wasn’t about Demry, PN9, any of “the 10”, TM2, or ZA - it was about PJ.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like that ZA is now a word in Scrabble. Short for pizza.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Can't believe ESPN is using a photo of Demry in a Gophers uniform with the headline about his suspension on rape charges, really, no photos of him in a Tenn. State uni, B.S. if you ask me...

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueinaseaofGold View Post
    Can't believe ESPN is using a photo of Demry in a Gophers uniform with the headline about his suspension on rape charges, really, no photos of him in a Tenn. State uni, B.S. if you ask me...
    I didn't believe you so I had to go look. That is UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE, the U should contact ESPN over this.
    Who hates iowa?

  14. #59

    Default

    No publicity is bad publicity?????


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueinaseaofGold View Post
    Can't believe ESPN is using a photo of Demry in a Gophers uniform with the headline about his suspension on rape charges, really, no photos of him in a Tenn. State uni, B.S. if you ask me...
    wow, that is some BS.

    I don't think its some huge anti-Gopher conspiracy, just more so that the Gophers are a Big Ten school, so they will get more views/clicks if they portray him as a Gopher.

    Still complete BS though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •