Demry in some big, big trouble...

Maybe there WAS a culture problem after all....

It was obvious from the beginning that PJ had concerns about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

six felony counts of rape and two counts of sexual battery stemming from a Dec. 1 incident.

From one incident... that seems like a lot of counts from one day...

I started my day out thinking Aaron Witt is a flip flopping flipper for committing to his THIRD B1G West program. I am going to end my day reminding myself to always keep things like this in perspective. There is college athletics "crime" and then there is real crime with real victims. What a shame, and if true all the best to the victim.

Lawyers out there: Does it take this long to put a case together sometimes? Seems like an awfully long delay.

It says he was indicted by a grand jury. I believe grand jury cases always take a long time to charge.

It was obvious from the beginning that PJ had concerns about him.

Obviously he is innocent until proven guilty but there is definitely enough smoke around this guy to say that he is probably not a real high character individual.

What crying shame. He has so much promise coming out of HS.

Fleck wanted him to be a leader by example. Getting in trouble with weed does not show leadership.

Looks like all counts stem from one accuser. Never looks or sounds good to be charged but as always the process should play out.

What crying shame. He has so much promise coming out of HS.

Fleck wanted him to be a leader by example. Getting in trouble with weed does not show leadership.

Definitely. Leaders can’t break rules (and laws) and expect others to follow them.

It’s difficult to prove something like this 4 months after the fact, so I won’t be surprised if charges get dropped. Obviously, my opinion is subject to change, depending on the details of the allegation, and the evidence.

Last edited:

Oops. Mods, feel free to delete or merge this thread.

For a Grand Jury to indict, does the criminal prosecutor just need some probable cause and not necessarily strong compelling evidence? From what I hear, it does not have to be unanimous to bring charges.

Well it makes sense that Claey's was working to move on from him by bringing McLaughlin in. If anything sounds like Fleck gave him a year to "change his best" and moved on. Obviously no one saw these allegations coming but I am guessing both staffs saw smoke before the fire

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Must be because Fleck treated him unfairly compared to the rest of the team.

Does culture include jumping to conclusions like some of you bobo’s. The UW player was literally just cleared last week...

Preexisting bias? I’m going to say that plays a part.

Nobody knows what really went on with Croft. If he was as dastardly as claimed PJ wouldn’t have played him at all, correct?

Does culture include jumping to conclusions like some of you bobo’s. The UW player was literally just cleared last week...

Preexisting bias? I’m going to say that plays a part.

Nobody knows what really went on with Croft. If he was as dastardly as claimed PJ wouldn’t have played him at all, correct?

Oh, my. Careful, now... you're pointing out facts and sounding a little bit, well... reasonable.

Next you'll be talking nonsense about the rule of law, and the rights of the accused, for heaven's sake.

You are approaching a scary place; you may very well find yourself burned by a torch — or stabbed with a big ol' pitchfork.

For a Grand Jury to indict, does the criminal prosecutor just need some probable cause and not necessarily strong compelling evidence? From what I hear, it does not have to be unanimous to bring charges.

The burden for a grand jury is probable cause. It's a low standard, to quote Sol Wachtler "you can indict a ham sandwich". A grand jury is a little bit of a circus act and IMO, they are merely pawns/shields for prosecutors.

To answer another question in this thread, these cases can take a really long time. They can take a long time for the victim to come forward and gathering evidence can also be really tough. It's an extremely serious crime that can be largely he said/she said. So that's a lot to sift through.

For example, financial crimes, you can follow the money/search for the money.

Ironically, all of this overshadows the fact that he was just not a very good QB and had an extremely limited skill set.

It's too bad. Hate to see people throwing away chance after chance. Just not a good situation for anyone involved.

This cannot be good at all for Croft, especially in a semi-rural part of Tennessee. Having written that, I like Tennessee and think I could actually live happily in Nashville, but probably not Memphis.

Last edited:

Ironically, all of this overshadows the fact that he was just not a very good QB and had an extremely limited skill set.

It's too bad. Hate to see people throwing away chance after chance. Just not a good situation for anyone involved.

That’s an understatement. He was terrible.

This cannot be good at all for Croft, especially in a semi-rural part of Tennessee. Having written that, I like Tennessee and think I could actually live happily in Nashville, but probably not Memphis.

Tennessee State is pretty much downtown Nashville. They play games at Nissan stadium where the titans play. This will be a blip on the local news and not much else here. It goes Tennessee, Vandy, MTSU, and a distant distant distant TSU as far as importance when it comes to CFB for the local media.

Hope the truth is told and lessons are learned and people can recover from this.

Top Bottom