GOpher TV times

Some guy

Reaction score
What is the latest possible announcement time for home games:
SDSU - 8pm
GSU - 2:30pm
Illinois - TBD (when will it be announced)
Nebraska - TBD (when will it be announced)

Trying to coordinate social engagements

Any word on announcers for these games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinois is 2:30 or 3pm. Not sure if that 30 minutes is impactful to your decisions

Illinois is 2:30 or 3pm. Not sure if that 30 minutes is impactful to your decisions

Didn’t know that was announced. What I really want to know is if either one is a night game. Looks like Illinois isn’t.

I cannot find the rules on when conferences must announce game times.

as I recall, I think that most games are announced at least a week or more in advance, but the TV networks have certain rights to hold back games for later announcement. so, I think it goes like this - most games are announced 12 days in advance, but (I think) ESPN can wait until 6 days before the game to set times for certain games.

It would be great if the Gophers were in that level of teams where an ESPN would demand "we want the Gophers in prime time this week," but barring that, I believe most game times will be announced on Monday for the game being played a week from Saturday. (the 12-day window).

Do they flex night games? I cannot keep track. The Nebraska or Iowa game possible night game?

In the past it's been the Monday 12 days before for most games and then the networks had a certain number of times they could wait an extra week to decide. Knowing a few games within half an hour this year is nice.

I believe they also have some flexibility built in on Saturdays to move games around a few minutes for the TV schedule but not ever anything significant.

Top Bottom