SDSU Jackrabbits forum

Do you also say your name each time before you speak to someone?

TALON- Does that really upset you? If so I'll keep doing it! I'm sure that's such a trivial thing you'll get over it!:cool:

Last edited:

In second grade I was diagnosed as dyslectic. In the early 60's it was just being looked into. I was taken to the University of Rhode Island where I attended their research classes 2 hours a day and they began to help me read and spell. Since dyslectics have a hard time remembering sight words they used the phonetic approach. As you know phonetics only work on half of the English language.

After my father left the navy we moved to Gainesville Florida where I continued classes for another year.

I know with a computer and spell check that this should not be a problem, but I often post without proofreading. Well that and a 6 pack doesn’t help either.

Over the past few months, you’ve occasionally shown the ability to post without misspelling every other word, and without 3rd grade grammar (the post I’m quoting, for example). I think you do it intentionally, to draw more attention to yourself. Either that, or you had your girlfriend type that for you. It’s missing a few commas, but other than that, it’s passable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TALON- Does that really upset you? If so I'll keep doing it! I'm sure that's such a trivial thing you'll get over it!:cool:

Where did I say it upsets me? It's obnoxious - just like most everything else in your posts.

Keep doing it Talon. Eventually he’ll send an email to the message board begging for you to banned. LOL what a maroon

Where did I say it upsets me? It's obnoxious - just like most everything else in your posts.

You saying it's obnoxious means you are distraught or upset over something so minute that you shouldn't worry or post about it.

Keep doing it Talon. Eventually he’ll send an email to the message board begging for you to banned. LOL what a maroon

As long as I don't use profanity, keep it clean and respond to obtuse posts from a few Gopher fans appropriately , I dont see myself as being band without a warning.

As long as I don't use profanity, keep it clean and respond to obtuse posts from a few Gopher fans appropriately , I dont see myself as being band without a warning.

Believe me, you won’t be. I’ve been doing exactly that for some time. Have yet to even receive a warning.

Over the past few months, you’ve occasionally shown the ability to post without misspelling every other word, and without 3rd grade grammar (the post I’m quoting, for example). I think you do it intentionally, to draw more attention to yourself. Either that, or you had your girlfriend type that for you. It’s missing a few commas, but other than that, it’s passable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe I didn't drink a 6 pack and spell checked.

If it turns out we run a bland offense I seriously doubt it has anything to do with looking forward to Fresno St. You can't afford to do that in CFB. It would be more of which plays are and aren't they comfortable running at this early stage in the season. If we're winning the LOS with 3-5 yards a pop, there's not much reason to change the recipe.

I agree with your sentiment with regards to the Gophers, but Alabama certainly isn't trotting out their full playbook against New Mexico State if you know what I mean.
Fleck has shown a propensity to hide some things until later in the season over the last couple of years.
You're right that most of it is probably comfort, but they should be planning to install things months, not days, ahead of time.

I agree with your sentiment with regards to the Gophers, but Alabama certainly isn't trotting out their full playbook against New Mexico State if you know what I mean.
Fleck has shown a propensity to hide some things until later in the season over the last couple of years.
You're right that most of it is probably comfort, but they should be planning to install things months, not days, ahead of time.

As long as we win I'm comfortable with it. Never can take a opponent for granted.

As long as we win I'm comfortable with it. Never can take a opponent for granted.

I'm generally in that camp, but if we win 10-7 and do nothing but RUTM for 1 yard, I'll feel a little frustrated

In second grade I was diagnosed as dyslectic. In the early 60's it was just being looked into. I was taken to the University of Rhode Island where I attended their research classes 2 hours a day and they began to help me read and spell. Since dyslectics have a hard time remembering sight words they used the phonetic approach. As you know phonetics only work on half of the English language.

After my father left the navy we moved to Gainesville Florida where I continued classes for another year.

I know with a computer and spell check that this should not be a problem, but I often post without proofreading. Well that and a 6 pack doesn’t help either.

*dyslexstick

As far as the Gophers vs SDSU, my best guess goes like this:

If the Gophers can win the game by running on every play, they will. I think Fleck's perfect game plan would be a lot of long drives - 12-play, 8-minute type drives. if they do throw, it will be 'safer' routes - the quick slants and outs to get a 1st down on a 3rd-and-long. But again, my guess is that Fleck's #1 goal for the game is to dominate the line of scrimmage.

As far as the Gophers vs SDSU, my best guess goes like this:

If the Gophers can win the game by running on every play, they will. I think Fleck's perfect game plan would be a lot of long drives - 12-play, 8-minute type drives. if they do throw, it will be 'safer' routes - the quick slants and outs to get a 1st down on a 3rd-and-long. But again, my guess is that Fleck's #1 goal for the game is to dominate the line of scrimmage.

I could not hope you are more wrong. We should take the top off that defense early and often with Bateman. They are going to crowd the box to stop the run and probably try to take away the slant to Tyler. Bateman will be one on one and I doubt there are many DBs on our schedule that can hang with him.

Did you know that you don't have to put your name before each thing you post? You can just go ahead and type, we know who's saying it.

I know, but I like to especially when replying to multiple quotes.

If you haven't noticed yet....any quoted posts are easily separable from what you type in response due to the quote boxes.

I could not hope you are more wrong. We should take the top off that defense early and often with Bateman. They are going to crowd the box to stop the run and probably try to take away the slant to Tyler. Bateman will be one on one and I doubt there are many DBs on our schedule that can hang with him.

No problems with that. I just don't want to see the Gophers break out complex blocking schemes and full route trees against a team that they should be able to beat on pure athleticism alone.

Keep those in the chamber for B1G season.

If they're just running the same slant play from last year over and over again then that's all good.

Last year they ran rub routes and really cool screens against teams like New Mexico then they didn't work for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

I hope the game isn't too vanilla. I'd rather shake the rust off, I want it shaken off before the Big Ten season starts.

What matters is that the team stay relatively injury free.

Must be a coaches nightmare watching a player slowly getting up.

I dont know about saving everything before you play your P5 schedule.

Last edited:

No problems with that. I just don't want to see the Gophers break out complex blocking schemes and full route trees against a team that they should be able to beat on pure athleticism alone.
Keep those in the chamber for B1G season.
If they're just running the same slant play from last year over and over again then that's all good.
Last year they ran rub routes and really cool screens against teams like New Mexico then they didn't work for the rest of the season.

I hope the game isn't too vanilla. I'd rather shake the rust off, I want it shaken off before the Big Ten season starts.

Wouldn't this be the time to test your new blocking schemes & passing routs a FEW times before you play your P5 schedule to work the bugs out.[

Top Bottom