POLL! - Which game are you most excited about this year?

Which game are you most excited about this year

• Wisconsin

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • @ Iowa

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Opener against SDSU

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • @ Purdue

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Revenge against Nebraska

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Northwestern - Devending B1G West Champs

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Penn State

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Rutgers or Maryland

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • @ Fresno

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Illinois or Georgia State

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Which game are you most excited about this year?

Nebraska. Looking forward to watching the Gopher offense eat up the clock while Martinez sit's on the bench.

Rutgers, because that is the road game we are going to . :)

My order just about every year

Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, home opener

For me it is a domino effect with the Nebby, PSU and Wisc games and Gophs record. Starts with Nebby. If Gophs are 5-0, my chili is hot for that game. Gophs keep it rolling, my chili is very hot the PSU game. A win there and my chili very well could be too hot to handle come Thanksgiving!

<iframe width="691" height="518" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zF4MvVgmHSI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beating Wisconsin in back to back years.

I put Penn State because everyone knows the importance and traditional of the Governor's Victory Bell.

Also, to me that's a helmet school win if we do it and what appears to be out toughest crossover game this year.

Not to nitpick, but its Georgia Southern, not Georgia State. Go Gophers!

I went with Nebraska because each time I hear them over hyped, I want our guys to beat them even more.

Rose Bowl

Winning at Kinnick Stadium would be great, but I want to see Wisconsin lose to us again even more. Other than those two, I guess it would be nice to avenge last year's loss at Nebraska, and further dampen the Frost mania.

If the team is 3-0...the Purdue game will probably be the first opportunity we get to see if this is going to be a contender or just a mediocre 6-6 team.

Winning at Kinnick Stadium would be great, but I want to see Wisconsin lose to us again even more. Other than those two, I guess it would be nice to avenge last year's loss at Nebraska, and further dampen the Frost mania.

These are my numbers 1 and 2. Time to win at Kinnick again...but keeping the Axe two years in a row slightly beats that out on the Excitometer...

I picked at Purdue. If we win there we set up our season for a shot at the B1G West title. And College GameDay opportunities for Nebraska and PSU games.

Man, would it be fun to have that Whisky game be for the B1G West title, The Axe and be on College GameDay! Lol, like they would overlook all the other rivalry games for us.

If things go well in the OOC and first few B10 games ...

That Oct 12 Neb game could be huge.

Wisconsin for sure, then Iowa, followed by Nebraska.

While it is a bit early for my yearly monumental prediction, I will just go ahead and let it go: We beat Nebraska, it will set up the season with one last hurdle to Indy, Iowa. We have not won there is years and we are due. Got Wisky out of the way last year and now it should be Iowa. Dumping the Nebraska game will mean back to the Detroit bowl or equivalent.

Devending? Isn't that finding water with a stick?

In coach speak....I am most excited about who is next on our schedule. Right now, that would be SDSU!

Even tho I think the Axe will be competitive and everything, I am actually looking most forward to throttling nebraska with ESPN game day paying a visit. All their unwarranted hype has turned me sour on their normally great fan base.

Top Bottom