Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For $10 I bought three Red Baron pizzas at Cub, and got 2 tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by tato2001 View Post
    Not the same circumstances, and his point about human nature still stands.

If you post something for free on Craigslist, there's a good chance that somebody is actually looking for that thing and will jump at the chance to get it for free.

The chance of that same somebody randomly driving by your house, however, is very low. Conversely, the chance of someone driving by your house and 'stealing' something they don't even need because they feel like they are getting a deal is quite high.
    Wait, are you saying that putting something on the curb with a "$10" sign increases the chance that it will get picked up over a "free" sign? That people are more likely to take it if they think they're stealing it? That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by los venerables View Post
    Wait, are you saying that putting something on the curb with a "$10" sign increases the chance that it will get picked up over a "free" sign? That people are more likely to take it if they think they're stealing it? That's insane.
    Welcome to humanity!

Shama chimes in:

No fun to write this but fan apathy must be dramatic for the Gophers to announce $10 tickets going on sale later this week for the home opener with South Dakota State.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Shama chimes in:

No fun to write this but fan apathy must be dramatic for the Gophers to announce $10 tickets going on sale later this week for the home opener with South Dakota State.

Go Gophers!!
    I don’t get paid to write but fan apathy by definition of the word apathy isn’t dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Shama chimes in:

Go Gophers!!
    There is kind of a lot of things working against them for attendance to this game so I think it's smart to try and get as many gopher fans there as possible so the SD state fans don't out number the gopher fans...
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    There is kind of a lot of things working against them for attendance to this game so I think it's smart to try and get as many gopher fans there as possible so the SD state fans don't out number the gopher fans...
    Outside making the students show up for orientation (I assume that is the case), yeah it's a bad time of the year to bring folks in.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Outside making the students show up for orientation (I assume that is the case), yeah it's a bad time of the year to bring folks in.
    Oh the student section will be packed for the first game like always.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by los venerables View Post
    Bingo. I read something years back about this - it had something to do with perceived value with a price tag versus perceived “junk” with a free sign. It wasn’t a desire to steal but rather a desire to get an item that is worth something for “free”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Oh the student section will be packed for the first game like always.
    It's always nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    It's always nice to see.
    Yep, I love it every year even though I know a lot of them are basically forced to be there.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    I don’t get paid to write but fan apathy by definition of the word apathy isn’t dramatic
    The bigger problem is with the phrase "fan apathy". If people are apathetic (and, boy, are they ever), they aren't fans. That said, the drop in attendance certainly is dramatic.

Anyone have an idea of how well these have sold?

I just bought 2. Got them in section 103

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by denguegopher View Post
    Anyone have an idea of how well these have sold?
    With an hour and change left, you can only buy single tickets, so I'd say it must have gone pretty well.