Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Agreed. If you want to get rid of an old chair you put it on the curb with a sign. If that sign says “free” it won’t go anywhere. If that sign says “$10” it will get ‘stolen’ in an hour.
    Spoken like someone who has never posted a "curb alert" on Craigslist.

Default Gophers announce flash sale, $10 tickets for South Dakota State game

I comes down to whether you want butts in the seat or not. Free tickets given to students for these low interest games would mean incremental concessions sales, and fewer embarrassing shots on TV of empty seats. I don’t need a free seat. I’ll gladly pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RodentRampage View Post
    Wall Drug has 5 cent coffee. It's one of their attractions, people drop in at Wall Drug and get a cup of 5 cent coffee. Now, free coffee, you can get that anywhere, but 5 cent coffee, now that's a deal. I think it's the same thing with tickets. Give people free tickets, and maybe they'll show up, maybe they won't. But people like a good deal, and cheap tends to be a better deal than free.
    100% spot on! Now, is it all seats? Just the nose bleeds? Anyone know?

Default Gophers announce flash sale, $10 tickets for South Dakota State game

Agreed. If you want to get rid of an old chair you put it on the curb with a sign. If that sign says “free” it won’t go anywhere. If that sign says “$10” it will get ‘stolen’ in an hour.

I got rid of the most ratty patio furniture you’ll ever see by putting it on the curb. I honestly didn’t think anyone would want it. It was gone within 15 minutes. Nobody was gonna pay $10 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by los venerables View Post
    We did both methods when we moved a few years ago. I was shocked at how much people would pay for our junk. I think some people just get a thrill out of thinking they are getting a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    I got rid of the most ratty patio furniture you’ll ever see by putting it on the curb. I honestly didn’t think anyone would want it. It was gone within 15 minutes. Nobody was gonna pay $10 for it.

Glad you got rid of it.
    I wasn’t suggesting you would get $10.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Correct. Sold a futon on Craig’s list once. Never going back.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Correct. Sold a futon on Craig’s list once. Never going back.
    Well, that's my point. Selling stuff on Craigslist is a pain, giving **** away is a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I like the effort.

I worry about the reach of this, like in 4 hours are that many people watching twitter or whatever.
    Not sure what you mean. I received an email about it yesterday as well, so it's not just Twitter. They're giving a couple days notice for something running 24 hours. Seems fair.

That reminds me that I'm going to be sitting on those bleachers, so I have to find my inflatable ring to sit on. My hip starts aching if I sit on a hard surface too long. And they won't let me bring in a foam cushion, because it's too thick. I'll have inflate the cushion once I get inside. I'm going with pizza tickets. It's cheaper and i get pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    and now, the Rainmakers with "Government cheese"

Give a man free food and he'll figure out a way
    To steal more than he can eat 'cause he doesn't have to pay
    Give a woman free kids and you'll find them in the dirt
    Learning how to carry on the family line of work
    It's the man in the White House, the man under the steeple
    Passing out drugs to the American people
    I don't believe in anything, nothing is free
    They're feeding our people the Government Cheese.
    I think you have to over 50 to remember Government Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
    Not sure what you mean. I received an email about it yesterday as well, so it's not just Twitter. They're giving a couple days notice for something running 24 hours. Seems fair.
    I got the impression that it was right then and there when the post was made, but I got the email later too, made more sense.

Tried to get few friends to go, still too rich for their blood!

I'll be there, looking forward to it. Hopefully we build some momentum and get stadium full again! So much more fun when the crowd is rocking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RodentRampage View Post
    Wall Drug has 5 cent coffee. It's one of their attractions, people drop in at Wall Drug and get a cup of 5 cent coffee. Now, free coffee, you can get that anywhere, but 5 cent coffee, now that's a deal. I think it's the same thing with tickets. Give people free tickets, and maybe they'll show up, maybe they won't. But people like a good deal, and cheap tends to be a better deal than free.
    Agree!

Not the same circumstances, and his point about human nature still stands.

If you post something for free on Craigslist, there's a good chance that somebody is actually looking for that thing and will jump at the chance to get it for free.

The chance of that same somebody randomly driving by your house, however, is very low. Conversely, the chance of someone driving by your house and 'stealing' something they don't even need because they feel like they are getting a deal is quite high.