Gophers announce flash sale, $10 tickets for South Dakota State game

For $10 I bought three Red Baron pizzas at Cub, and got 2 tickets.

Not the same circumstances, and his point about human nature still stands.

If you post something for free on Craigslist, there's a good chance that somebody is actually looking for that thing and will jump at the chance to get it for free.

The chance of that same somebody randomly driving by your house, however, is very low. Conversely, the chance of someone driving by your house and 'stealing' something they don't even need because they feel like they are getting a deal is quite high.

Wait, are you saying that putting something on the curb with a "$10" sign increases the chance that it will get picked up over a "free" sign? That people are more likely to take it if they think they're stealing it? That's insane.

Wait, are you saying that putting something on the curb with a "$10" sign increases the chance that it will get picked up over a "free" sign? That people are more likely to take it if they think they're stealing it? That's insane.

Welcome to humanity!

Shama chimes in:

No fun to write this but fan apathy must be dramatic for the Gophers to announce $10 tickets going on sale later this week for the home opener with South Dakota State.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Shama chimes in:

No fun to write this but fan apathy must be dramatic for the Gophers to announce $10 tickets going on sale later this week for the home opener with South Dakota State.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

There is kind of a lot of things working against them for attendance to this game so I think it's smart to try and get as many gopher fans there as possible so the SD state fans don't out number the gopher fans...

There is kind of a lot of things working against them for attendance to this game so I think it's smart to try and get as many gopher fans there as possible so the SD state fans don't out number the gopher fans...

Outside making the students show up for orientation (I assume that is the case), yeah it's a bad time of the year to bring folks in.

Bingo. I read something years back about this - it had something to do with perceived value with a price tag versus perceived “junk” with a free sign. It wasn’t a desire to steal but rather a desire to get an item that is worth something for “free”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t get paid to write but fan apathy by definition of the word apathy isn’t dramatic

The bigger problem is with the phrase "fan apathy". If people are apathetic (and, boy, are they ever), they aren't fans. That said, the drop in attendance certainly is dramatic.

I just bought 2. Got them in section 103

Yep, I love it every year even though I know a lot of them are basically forced to be there.

It's only disheartening if you walk over to the student section and see the riot police guarding the doors to make sure they don't go anywhere.

Otherwise the students do a good job looking enthusiastic.

All freshmen get free tickets to first football game every year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

per the U:

$10 TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT! You can still be in the stands at TCF Bank Stadium for the Thursday night home opener for as low as $35! Gopher fans purchased over 7,000 tickets for the 24-hour State Fair Special offer.

Go Gophers!!

per the U:

$10 TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT! You can still be in the stands at TCF Bank Stadium for the Thursday night home opener for as low as $35! Gopher fans purchased over 7,000 tickets for the 24-hour State Fair Special offer.

Go Gophers!!

7k+ more people would be a HUGE boost for a given game.

The bigger problem is with the phrase "fan apathy". If people are apathetic (and, boy, are they ever), they aren't fans. That said, the drop in attendance certainly is dramatic.
Yeah I get what he was saying, but really poorly written for a writer

They either opened up some more or you got lucky. I tried 3 times between 8 and 9 to buy 2 tickets and got the "no tickets available" message.

It's also possible that the extra $20 I donated to military appreciation day made a difference.

Agreed. If you want to get rid of an old chair you put it on the curb with a sign. If that sign says “free” it won’t go anywhere. If that sign says “$10” it will get ‘stolen’ in an hour.

Rookie mistake. You put a sign on it that says "Not For Sale" and it will be gone with the quickness.

Almost everything I’ve put out on the curb that’s marked free gets taken

Top Bottom