Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Gophers announce flash sale, $10 tickets for South Dakota State game

per the U:

Twenty-Four Hour Flash Sale Announced

The University of Minnesota athletic department announced today that it will host an online 24-hour State Fair Sale from 10 a.m. on Aug. 22 to 10 a.m. on Aug. 23.

During this time, single-game tickets for Minnesota's season-opening football game against South Dakota State will be $10. The Gophers host the Jackrabbits at 8 p.m. on Aug. 29 at TCF Bank Stadium.

Fans may click here to take advantage of this offer starting at 10 a.m. on Aug. 22. Fans may also take advantage of this, and many other exclusive offerings, by visiting the University of Minnesota booth at the Minnesota State Fair throughout the duration of the fair.

"We want to make Gopher football available to as many fans as possible and this is another example of how we are working to earn fans back," said Athletics Director Mark Coyle. "This is an exciting season for Minnesota football, and I look forward to seeing all our fans at TCF Bank Stadium on Aug. 29 cheering on the Gophers."

Minnesota is 6-0 all-time against South Dakota State. The Gophers have won 15 straight non-conference games and are 19-1 in their past 20 non-conference home games. Minnesota has won 10 straight non-conference games at TCF Bank Stadium.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I like the effort.

I worry about the reach of this, like in 4 hours are that many people watching twitter or whatever.

I like the effort.

The Gopher marketing and sales team are doing their best to improve themselves each and every day.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Blog Entries

I’m down for 5!!!!

If they want a full house every game, all they need to do is give away free tickets to students for the less popular games. People respond to the word “free.”

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    If they want a full house every game, all they need to do is give away free tickets to students for the less popular games. People respond to the word “free.”
    I feel like the gap between students and the number of empty seats is so great that ... free maybe wouldn't even get that far.

They have to do it...go look at Gophersports.com and look at how many empty seats there are in the upper deck. I bought nose bleeds corner seats weeks ago but I plan on sitting 40 yard line opposite the scoreboard.

This team HAS to go 3-0 to get people remotely excited about this season.

Quote Originally Posted by gophers141 View Post
    They have to do it...go look at Gophersports.com and look at how many empty seats there are in the upper deck. I bought nose bleeds corner seats weeks ago but I plan on sitting 40 yard line opposite the scoreboard.

This team HAS to go 3-0 to get people remotely excited about this season.
    Is that an expectation or prediction? Asking for a recent prolific GH poster...

Wall Drug has 5 cent coffee. It's one of their attractions, people drop in at Wall Drug and get a cup of 5 cent coffee. Now, free coffee, you can get that anywhere, but 5 cent coffee, now that's a deal. I think it's the same thing with tickets. Give people free tickets, and maybe they'll show up, maybe they won't. But people like a good deal, and cheap tends to be a better deal than free.

I'm for butts-in-the-seats with at least some level of return...even minimal...but not free. I'm banking that a competitive team will be the only thing to bridge the gap to a not only a sellout but a full stadium to match.

In the meantime they need to start working something for graduating seniors each year...provide them with some kind of transition status until they get their career feet under them. Maybe this is already being done but something to reinforce being a Gopher as a lifetime commitment to the U, Team, and University Community. Maybe some kind of relationship with the Greek community too (although I've not been part of that).
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Is that an expectation or prediction? Asking for a recent prolific GH poster...
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by RodentRampage View Post
    Wall Drug has 5 cent coffee. It's one of their attractions, people drop in at Wall Drug and get a cup of 5 cent coffee. Now, free coffee, you can get that anywhere, but 5 cent coffee, now that's a deal. I think it's the same thing with tickets. Give people free tickets, and maybe they'll show up, maybe they won't. But people like a good deal, and cheap tends to be a better deal than free.
    Agreed. If you want to get rid of an old chair you put it on the curb with a sign. If that sign says “free” it won’t go anywhere. If that sign says “$10” it will get ‘stolen’ in an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

and now, the Rainmakers with "Government cheese"

Give a man free food and he'll figure out a way
    To steal more than he can eat 'cause he doesn't have to pay
    Give a woman free kids and you'll find them in the dirt
    Learning how to carry on the family line of work
    It's the man in the White House, the man under the steeple
    Passing out drugs to the American people
    I don't believe in anything, nothing is free
    They're feeding our people the Government Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    I'm for butts-in-the-seats with at least some level of return...even minimal...but not free. I'm banking that a competitive team will be the only thing to bridge the gap to a not only a sellout but a full stadium to match.

In the meantime they need to start working something for graduating seniors each year...provide them with some kind of transition status until they get their career feet under them. Maybe this is already being done but something to reinforce being a Gopher as a lifetime commitment to the U, Team, and University Community. Maybe some kind of relationship with the Greek community too (although I've not been part of that).
    199 a season for up to 5 years after graduation