Who will lead the 2019 Gophers in rushing yards?

Who will lead the 2019 Gophers in rushing yards?

• Shannon Brooks

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Mohamed Ibrahim

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Tanner Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Mo has a little bit of a MBIII punishing style, but also reminds me a bit of Gary Russell, with his frame and approach.

I'd be thrilled if the Fr. RB reminds me at all of L. Maroney as suggested by some.

Mo has a little bit of a MBIII punishing style, but also reminds me a bit of Gary Russell, with his frame and approach.

I'd be thrilled if the Fr. RB reminds me at all of L. Maroney as suggested by some.

Wiley?

It was PJ who said that, and he’s mentioned him a few times since. He’s probably going to get carries.

TJ was asked by the BTN crew which Freshman he was most impressed with. His answer was Treyson Potts. I wonder if he’ll be in the mix too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Study this chart to see the huge drop off from Mo to Bryce. I which we had a chart like this for Rodney and Shannon.

It might take you awhile to find their names, but it’s worth the time.

https://twitter.com/pff_austingayle/status/1158768465307721728?s=21

I’m certainly not saying he was better last year, BUT with his speed once he is strong enough to break that one tackle, he’s got home run potential that is extremely rare.

I went RS1.
I think of the top 3, he's one of two healthy right from the start.
I think he's going to be a passing option more, but I would like to believe this will be a year where Mo isn't taking too many carries since we have RS and SB.

I'd love to see SB lead the team in carries and yards, but his own health is the only thing stopping him.
One of the most downhill violent runners I've seen in some time.

Mo-mentum!

(Sorry, I stole that from the Vikings late-90's jumbotron blast whenever Moe Williams picked up a few yards.)

Play the top 3 a lot

Play the freshmen 4 games each, preserving redshirts.

Considering everyone stays healthy, I'm going with Smith leading the way. Although it's a tough call, there's a lot of talent and each could take a game over and push their stats up.

Considering everyone stays healthy, I'm going with Smith leading the way. Although it's a tough call, there's a lot of talent and each could take a game over and push their stats up.

I think Smith is safe bet with Mo being #2

As far as I know you can redshirt someone at any time and for any reason.

Sorry I worded that poorly. I know he can still redshirt as he didn’t use it last year, his freshman year. I’m saying I hope we don’t need him to play this year and he can use his redshirt.

Going to guess RS1 as I have a suspicion MI “heart attack” 23 might get beat up with his impressive running style. SB4 could recover, come back and win the race on the final lap if the others falter. The real dark horses might be Wiley and Potts. In summary, no idea.

Wiley really impressed me in practices with his running and pass catching.. He will definitely see some action.

Play the top 3 a lot

Play the freshmen 4 games each, preserving redshirts.

Could do the same with Williams. All those guys getting in 4 games would either be really good or really bad. Good because we're blowing a lot of teams out. Bad because we're getting blown out and/or there are a bunch of injuries again.

I'm going with Rodney Smith.

Updated through the non-conference games:

Smith: 210
Ibrahim: 124
Wiley: 32
Williams: 23
Johnson: -1
Green: -3
Morgan: -7

Top Bottom