Who will lead the 2019 Gophers in rushing yards?

• Shannon Brooks

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Mohamed Ibrahim

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Tanner Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I went with Rodney. I think Mo will be close 2nd and Brooks 3rd

Put the 2 old horses out to pasture and give Mo the majority of the carries.

If Tanner leads something horribly tragic happened.

My expectation is that RS1 will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want an option added for "running back who stays healthy!"

I think it will be Ibriham with Rodney lining up in the slot quite often. Im just not sold that Brooks is going to be 100%.

MI 1432 yds
RS 1097 yds 527 Rec yds
SB 427 yds

I think Mo leads the way. Rodney catches 30 balls out of the backfield and hopefully Shannon can contribute and stay healthy.

I said Rodney but think there's an equal chance it's Mo. I don't see it being Brooks due to his injury. I don't think he'll play much early on.

I wish it could be Brooks. I love his effort level. Afraid he is damaged goods. too far gone. Best thing is knowing there are options.

Fleck has a priority of getting guys into the NFL. I think he will give Rodney and Shannon every chance to prove themselves as long as it doesn't hurt the chance of winning. Don't sleep on Wiley if there are injuries. I expect to see Mo run hard and often in any case.

Mo Ibraheim, because he will get the most carries and yardage after contact.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

1. Rodney Smith is the most talented of the three, and reports from camp are that he looks good as ever.
2. Ibrahim is a tough, durable, quick back who has a great career ahead of him.
3. Brooks plays a bruising, physical style that results in a lot of highlight films and unfortunately a lot of injuries.

Bryce is a wild card. Is he as good as he looked last year at his best, or is he just a program guy?

I picked RS1 but I could see a scenario where he has the most yards from scrimmage, but MI24 has more rushing yards.

I went with Rodney, it was pretty much a coin flip between him and Mo. if Rodney starts out well, he’ll get most of the carries. But if he falters early, Mo will be the featured back.

Going to guess RS1 as I have a suspicion MI “heart attack” 23 might get beat up with his impressive running style. SB4 could recover, come back and win the race on the final lap if the others falter. The real dark horses might be Wiley and Potts. In summary, no idea.

Going to guess RS1 as I have a suspicion MI “heart attack” 23 might get beat up with his impressive running style. SB4 could recover, come back and win the race on the final lap if the others falter. The real dark horses might be Wiley and Potts. In summary, no idea.

The defenders tacking Mo are the ones getting beaten up. I’m amazed that a guy his size can dish out so much punishment.

Ibrahim is #24

Bryce Williams should be an option! Hopefully he doesn’t get the carries this year, but he’s going to be amazing next year!

Bryce Williams should be an option! Hopefully he doesn’t get the carries this year, but he’s going to be amazing next year!

Hopefully he can build up some size/strength. He’s got that extra gear once he breaks free. He looks a little lighter in the shoes (in person) IMO than the other guys. The roster weights (suspiciously seem to all be 5 pound increments) may not be reflective of reality.

Study this chart to see the huge drop off from Mo to Bryce. I which we had a chart like this for Rodney and Shannon.

It might take you awhile to find their names, but it’s worth the time.

https://twitter.com/pff_austingayle/status/1158768465307721728?s=21

Yes, there was a drop off from Mo to Bryce. Bryce probably wasn't expected to play much at all last year but he was forced into action, improved as the year went on, and did a credible job considering he was probably considered the 4th or 5th running back before the season started.

Mo - the Badger defenders are still removing pieces of his knee pads from their chins...

Yes, there was a drop off from Mo to Bryce. Bryce probably wasn't expected to play much at all last year but he was forced into action, improved as the year went on, and did a credible job considering he was probably considered the 4th or 5th running back before the season started.

He might be 5th or 6th on the depth chart by the time the season starts.

It is possible to think one is better than another, yet all are very good. Right?

Not sure why thinking RS1 is better than MI24 has to be taken as a shot at Mo?

I wish it could be Brooks. I love his effort level. Afraid he is damaged goods. too far gone. Best thing is knowing there are options.

I am concerned about the health of Shannon Brooks, but I"d be thrilled if he had a monster year as i always liked his running style and attitude out there. He may be the best of the three if 100 percent, but it is hard to argue with any of the top 3. What Mo showed last year, down the stretch run, was awfully impressive.

Top Bottom