Jets- Great Blake Cashman feature

Kids dreaming of becoming a Gopher take notice! Anything is possible.

....”I think people have been sleeping on me my entire life, really....I see it as something that is very motivating for me....no matter what I’ve done, or what I’ve achieved, everyone always puts a ceiling on what I’m capable of doing...it keeps pushing me to keep proving people wrong...I think I might surprise some people.

The above is all because he’s never had the ideal body type for a LB. I see him in the same lane as Eric Kendricks. Cashman is actually slightly bigger and faster than Kendricks. I wish the Vikings would have drafted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing! That was excellent! I also was not aware he was a basketball player/starter point guard at EP.
Best of luck to NFL success for Blake!
I am also disappointed he’s not a Viking...really thought they’d pursue him.

Great, now I have to watch the Jets.
I watched about 15 plays from that NYJ- NYG game and sure enough Cashman mad a classic, instinctive play. He dropped into coverage, correctly read the short pass to the middle to a RB, and broke on the pass to wrap up the RB who then got hit by a second player and fumbled.

Blake Cashman read the play correctly, changed directions and covered 10 yards very quickly, even by NFL standards to snuff out he play.

If he has to do it only on special teams and back up duty, I bet he has a 5-10 year career. He may well do more than that.

I think the former DC Smith at Minnesota made a mistake by not relying on Cashman more. This passive defensive approach was one of the things that got me pretty POed in the almost two years of Robb Smith. The team just did not play to its strengths at all on D.

Last edited:

I think there’s a decent chance Cashman starts game #1.

Wow! That was cool. Thanks for posting!

He’ll be one of my all time favorites. Some on here mocked me when I said he was our best defensive player last year, better than Coughlin, and some still will, but I stand by it. Once we had a real DC Cashman was able to take over. He made so many huge plays. From forcing the Fresno guy to throw early and alter his throw on the Winfield pick to stuffing Indiana late to force the punt to a ton of other big plays.

Vikings blew this one too. Both Cashman and Decker should have had their NFL careers right in Minnesota. Cashman appears to be great young man. Wish he was in the community instead of Metro NYC.

Top Bottom