Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: California

Default California

Interesting place. Steamrolling to a three tiered society. Billionaires, homeless and Illegal immigrants. Every major city is overrun with homelessness, feces, needles, crime, disease........ Is that the trend that is the future of our country? I hope not, but every election people run on the policies that rule California, and win.

Quote Originally Posted by balds View Post
    Interesting place.
    Is it? Tell us about the locations there that you've personally visited.

This is a very popular sticker in Nevada, and growing more so in Arizona and other places. I have one in the back window of my truck.

****CaliforniaCA.jpg
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Golden Gate park in San Francisco is so bad, even the 3rd St promenade in Santa Monica is overrun by the homeless now.

Blog Entries

Just spent a week in SF. From the way people talk about it, I expected homeless everywhere. I saw almost none. There are certain areas it is advised to avoid (the Tenderloin) but that's true in most big cities. Traffic sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Just spent a week in SF. From the way people talk about it, I expected homeless everywhere. I saw almost none. There are certain areas it is advised to avoid (the Tenderloin) but that's true in most big cities. Traffic sucks though.
    Almost none! Howie didnít see it so it didnít happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    SF is wonderful. Last visited a few years ago, along with wine country. Would go back any time.

Key word: visit. Owning (or attempting to own) property there ... well that's a whole other ball of wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Almost none! Howie didn’t see it so it didn’t happen.

And white nationalists are all but gone, right deuce?

I have been to all of the big cities on the West Coast a number of times over the last several years. Each is a former paradise on the way to ruin as a result of progressive policies. My last trip was to LA to serve at Union Rescue Mission for a week where they are doing great work without government funding. Officially there are 55,000 homeless in LA, unofficially more than 100,000. I don't see California recovering, perhaps ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I have been to all of the big cities on the West Coast a number of times over the last several years. Each is a former paradise on the way to ruin as a result of progressive policies. My last trip was to LA to serve at Union Rescue Mission for a week where they are doing great work without government funding. Officially there are 55,000 homeless in LA, unofficially more than 100,000. I don't see California recovering, perhaps ever.
    Fake news.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

San Francisco is probably my favorite big city in America. It’s the most beautiful, lots to do and the food is amazing. I’ve probably been there 40 times.

The dichotomy between rich and poor though is definitely on display. A 1500 square foot house from the 1960s will cost $1.5MM. Not sure how anyone new to the area can move there and make it work financially.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    San Francisco is probably my favorite big city in America. Itís the most beautiful, lots to do and the food is amazing. Iíve probably been there 40 times.

The dichotomy between rich and poor though is definitely on display. A 1500 square foot house from the 1960s will cost $1.5MM. Not sure how anyone new to the area can move there and make it work financially.
    There are many Good paying jobs and opportunities in California for those with education, intelligence and initiative. For the indigents with drug dependency and mental illness itís another story. Just look at Brian Wilson.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Agree. I was recently in SF for a week and have some old friends that have lived there for years. The problems are so obvious and predictable, only a liberal wouldnít see them coming.
    Itís a shame because SF is still a great city, but it could be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    There are many Good paying jobs and opportunities in California for those with education, intelligence and initiative. For the indigents with drug dependency and mental illness it’s another story. Just look at Brian Wilson.
    What do you mean? For indigents with drug dependency and mental illness, SF is a fantastic place to be. Live off the land, have people take care of you, pay for your things, not a care in the world. It just sucks for the rest of the people that live there.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Absolutely loved living in San Diego, started my career there, went to graduate school there, met some great people from there and would love to live there again in a different stage of life.

Go San Diego!!