Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 206

Thread: California

  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I get it. Soooooo.... if you are an atheist you can say anything and you have not forced your religion on anyone....because your claim is that you don't have one. How ideal!! But you do....and you use it here.

    By the way, I don't find it threatening that you mock bme by saying that I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I just think, "that's too bad." Your faith in whatever it is that you have faith in (self or whatever) has no power over me. Neither does my faith have any power over you. If I am wrong about my faith, then it is nothing. If I am right...then you should be happy that I was concerned enough for you to share it.

    I think there is a big difference between me saying - hey bottlebass you are going to hell if you don't do this.... and me saying, I think that society needs to take a look at basic morality issues and faith issues to get back to where it needs to be. I think that view should be as much at the table as the view of someone who believes that guns are the evil that besets society.
    And there it is! Classic!
    Who hates iowa?


  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    He absolutely does, without question.

    And it's ok for him to express his faith based opinion. I may make fun of him for being so stupid though.
    That's how you feel. I feel that you force your religion upon me. I don't accept it, it has no power on me but it is there in many of your posts and in fact, there it is again.

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    He absolutely does, without question.

    And it's ok for him to express his faith based opinion. I may make fun of him for being so stupid though.
    Force?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    That's how you feel. I feel that you force your religion upon me. I don't accept it, it has no power on me but it is there in many of your posts and in fact, there it is again.
    I just said you can practice whatever religion you want.
    Who hates iowa?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,178
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I have to admit you have me there! Our public schools have been awesome and have solved almost all problems! We lead the world in education because of them!
    Such hatred of hard working public school teachers!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,178
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    Curious....do you feel bga1 or others on this site "force their religion on others"?

    Is expressing faith-based opinion on this site "forcing their religion on others"? Or do you just feel like this isn't the right venue for expressing any faith-based opinion?
    There are many people of faith on this board, but most of them don't wave their Bibles around like Beeg, who believes Dems are inherently evil and certainly cannot be Christians. The only thing a good Christian can be is a Republican.

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I just said you can practice whatever religion you want.
    As can you.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Such hatred of hard working public school teachers!
    I have a son that is a public school teacher. I love him dearly and he is fantastic at it. The system is failing. Now that you are done trying to paint me into being a bad human being, do you admit that our public schools are failing?

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    There are many people of faith on this board, but most of them don't wave their Bibles around like Beeg, who believes Dems are inherently evil and certainly cannot be Christians. The only thing a good Christian can be is a Republican.
    Dems can be Christians and some are. Again a false statement by you. Why do you feel you need to lie to make points?

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    As can you.
    Nope, you have said many times I need more jesus in my life.
    Who hates iowa?

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Nope, you have said many times I need more jesus in my life.
    I would like you to have Jesus, I believe he is your creator and savior, so why would I not want that for you- I would have to hate you to not want that. But I don't and my belief holds no power over you. You have the choice and can do as you wish. I have always said that. Don't be dishonest about it.
    Last edited by bga1; 08-19-2019 at 05:09 PM.

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I would like you to have Jesus, I believe he is your creator and savior, so why would I not want that for you- I would have to hate you to not want that. But I don't and my belief holds no power over you. You have the choice and can do as you wish. I have always said that. Don't be dishonest about it.
    I'm not being dishonest, you push your religion here like no other.
    Who hates iowa?

  13. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    You can have faith in whatever you want, that's not threatening. You forcing your religion on others is threatening. This isn't hard.
    What’s been more prevalent in America over the past generation:

    1. People forcing their religion on others
    2. People forcing their politics on others

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    What’s been more prevalent in America over the past generation:

    1. People forcing their religion on others
    2. People forcing their politics on others
    I'm not forcing you to vote a certain way.
    Who hates iowa?

  15. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I'm not forcing you to vote a certain way.
    Who is forcing you to believe a certain way?

    It’s interesting how people come to a public forum to discuss political and a variety of other ideas, but if religion is even mentioned people get jittery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •