Q&A with Minnesota wide receiver and Bishop McNamara graduate Chris Autman-Bell

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Mason:

You had one of the best freshman seasons in school history last year. Can you pinpoint one or two things, maybe one personally and one as a team/offense that allowed you to come out and make such a statement in your first year?

“I feel like I got into an offense that helped me grow as a player. I grew every day, helped the team out in all types of ways. It just gave me a chance to get out and help the team.”

What was your favorite game last season and why?

“Wisconsin, the last game. Just winning the axe and bringing it home after 15 years, it was just crazy.”

What did you focus on most during the spring and summer to continue improving?

“My break points, my hips, getting more flexible. I was always a tight player in high school, I didn’t stretch a lot. So stretching more, getting my hips right, break points, just playing lower and faster as a wide receiver.”

Coach Fleck has become one of the most popular coaches in the country. What do you like most about him, and do you feel like you really have the understanding of how fortunate you are to play for someone like him?

“Fleck gave me a chance when I was a junior in high school. When nobody gave me a chance, he shouted out to me and said, ‘I need you to come play for me.’ He kept it real with me, always stayed in touch with me, so I kept it real with him, always stayed with him. Just being with him every day, seeing how he coaches, how he is, the energy, everything is just amazing. He’s loving.”

Your wide receiver room at Minnesota is bursting with young talent. How competitive are all of you and how does that help all of you make each other better?

“We’re mad competitive every practice. We play hard every practice, we get each other better. Whether it’s us going against each other, going against our defense, we just play hard every play and get better every day.”

What kind of goals do you have both for yourself and for your team?

“We’ve got a goal to be dominant this year, winning the Big Ten West, the national championship, the Rose Bowl, whatever. We just want to be great this year, be amazing, be elite.”

How much are you enjoying and taking advantage of the education that a Big Ten school like Minnesota has to offer?

“The education is crazy, probably top five in the world. I’m a student-athlete, student’s always first. I’m getting an education, going to class every day, sitting in the first two rows and being elite.”

https://www.daily-journal.com/sport...cle_9a83f286-c06c-11e9-b399-dfecb070013a.html

Go Gophers!!

All these guys want to be successful and I believe they are going to do it do to their hard work, dedication, and teamwork play. Believe that we are clearly on the right track with these guys. Excited for the upcoming season!

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom