Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default P.J Fleck on Minnesota having weak schedule: 'There are no easy games in the B1G'

per Dustin:

But the idea that Minnesota’s schedule is easy is one that Fleck scoffs at, in typical coach fashion. He reiterated that every opponent the Gophers face this fall will present unique challenges.

“I’ve learned in the Big Ten that there are zero easy games,” Fleck said, according to TwinCities.com. “It doesn’t matter who you play…I think every head coach in the conference will probably say the same thing. We’re not here for preseason things, we’re not here to pick things.”

https://saturdaytradition.com/minnes...es-in-the-b1g/

Go Gophers!!

Non Conference opponents were 32-8 last year. Non power 5 but still good teams.

We're still not a constant enough team to count chickens...

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    We're still not a constant enough team to count chickens...
    Which came first, counting eggs or counting chickens?

Here we go again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If this program is improving and growing, and if Gopher football is headed for real success, then this year's schedule is a golden opportunity to make a big step forward.

This year's schedule can be a huge benefit for us this year, and in years come.

This year's schedule gives us a chance at a very impressive record, a prestigious bowl game, and even a decent shot to win the B1G West. Each of those outcomes would greatly help generate fan interest and be a boost to recruiting.

Nobody is "counting chickens". Heaven forbid. We're simply pointing out facts here: This is a favorable schedule, and this is Year Three.

Not a prediction. But, yes... an expectation.
    Last edited by RememberMurray; 08-18-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

I agree with PJ.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

[QUOTE=
    Nobody is "counting chickens". Heaven forbid. We're simply pointing out facts here: This is a favorable schedule, and this is Year Three.

Not a prediction. But, yes... an expectation.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t pay attention in grade school much, but I do remember our Facts vs. Opinions lesson and I believe Mrs. Smith would have given you a frowny face.
    Last edited by FredCoxRocks; 08-18-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    I didn’t pay attention in grade school much, but I do remember our Facts vs. Opinions lesson and I believe Mrs. Smith would have given you a frowny face.
    So you're saying it's just my opinion that it's a favorable schedule, and Mrs. Smith would argue that this is only Year Three in my opinion?
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I agree with PJ.
    *shocked*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

It may not be an easy schedule but it's as easy of a Big Ten slate as you can get

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    It may not be an easy schedule but it's as easy of a Big Ten slate as you can get

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    That's a distinction without a difference.

It's a favorable schedule. It's okay to say so. If we don't have a solid record at the end of the season, it will be a disappointment. Fleck knows that. He'll be the most disappointed of anyone if we don't have a strong season.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Actually, the easiest Big Ten schedule we could possibly ever have, in the current configuration, would be cross-overs of Maryland, Indiana, and Rutgers.

We have Penn State this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    This year's schedule gives us a chance at a very impressive record, a prestigious bowl game, and even a decent shot to win the B1G West. Each of those outcomes would greatly help generate fan interest and be a boost to recruiting.
    Every statement here is correct.

Your absolute failure of logic is to then make a massive jump from possibility ... to expectation.

You can't defend it, logically. You've yet to make a good attempt to do so.

On a game to game basis, there are no easy games in the Big 10. See Purdue vs. Ohio State last year.

Over the course of the season, there are easier schedules. The Gophers have one. They're probably going to lose at least one game that they should win but they should be winning more than they lose. Using ESPN FPI, even if they lose 2 games they should have won and don't win any that they should have lost, they'll still be 8-4. If they're losing a bunch of games they were favored in, that means they're frequently getting outplayed and would be concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I agree with PJ.
    Stop the presses!!!