View Poll Results: Poll! - Can you throw an NCAA Regulation Size Football 40 yards?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I can throw a football 40 yards, if not a lot more

58 46.03%
  • No. I am comfortable enough in my masculinity to admit I can't do it.

68 53.97%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Poll! - Can you throw an NCAA Regulation Size Football 40 yards?

This will be used to settle possible bets.

If you aren't sure, please verify before posting so we don't skew the results. This is to settle an argument, so be sure to vote correctly.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Sadly, I might have trouble throwing a baseball 40 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    Sadly, I might have trouble throwing a baseball 40 yards.
    Me to.
    But I left the voting on this poll anonymous so those of us who lack the proper throwing technique don't have to be embarrassed by our answers.

"A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Ha! Such an Uncle Rico vibe here tonight!
    We need to set up a contest at the first game’s tailgate.

The season can't get started soon enough!! Wake me up when it's the 29th!!!
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshurun View Post
    Dammit. You beat me to the punch with the video!

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    This will be used to settle possible bets.

If you aren't sure, please verify before posting so we don't skew the results. This is to settle an argument, so be sure to vote correctly.
    Today...not a chance. In my youth I could chuck it about 50 yards. Not bad, but certainly not good enough for any scout to turn their head.
    Definitely not the distance of Uncle Rico tossing that ball over the mountains.

Are you trying to find events for the first annual Gopherhole picnic?

So, I read this classic poll/post about 4 beers into a relaxing evening. It motivated this 54 year-old fat guy in sandals to go out into the street in the dark, and proceed to chuck (poorly) a souvenir Gophie football across the font lawns of the neighbors. Four tries. My dog loved it. Couldn't throw a good spiral. Sadly, I only threw about 35 yards by counting sidewalk blocks. Oh well...

fb pic.jpg

Threads like these are why I love Gopher Hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure no.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm not even sure I could throw it 20 yards. I can throw a baseball about 275 feet but I can barely throw a football.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGophersUMN View Post
    I'm not even sure I could throw it 20 yards. I can throw a baseball about 275 feet but I can barely throw a football.
    My baseball throwing technique was never right. I put in a ton of effort throwing and could never get the ball to sail. Must be bad technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    So, I read this classic poll/post about 4 beers into a relaxing evening. It motivated this 54 year-old fat guy in sandals to go out into the street in the dark, and proceed to chuck (poorly) a souvenir Gophie football across the font lawns of the neighbors. Four tries. My dog loved it. Couldn't throw a good spiral. Sadly, I only threw about 35 yards by counting sidewalk blocks. Oh well...

fb pic.jpg
    If you wore white New Balance sneakers, as any self respecting middle-aged dad should, you would have thrown 40 for sure.