Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I mean the B1G west has only existed for like 5 years. That's not a giant sample size...
    Who's the best of that span? Siemian? Beathard?

Quote Originally Posted by Studwell55 View Post
    I like Tanner.

But he can't throw the ball over 40 yards.
    This looks to be 40 on the nose (-33 to +27) and that looks good enough to me.

http://www.espn.com/videohub/video/c...0&categoryid=0

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I'm not selling myself short. I know I can throw it 40 yards, I can still throw it over 50 if I try. I think it's probably somewhere about 1/3 of the posters here that can though. 40 yards is a long ways. Maybe 1/2 the posters could if they did a full 5 yard shuffle forward before they threw. I mean look at the half time contest for proof, what percentage of those people throw it over 4 yards? And those are all younger people, there are a lot of old guys around here.
    Uncle Rico, is that you?

He needs to throw the ball over 20 yard downfield about 1.5 times per game.

He can do that.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Despite the ground and pound in the GT game, he aired it out deep 5 times, as far as I can recall. He completed 3 of them...two for TDs to TJ and a 3rd to CAB that should have been a TD, but was call out at the 4 yard line. These were low risk/high reward throws, including the two incompletions. I expect these throws to continue to be in the game plan, as long as the OL proves capable of protecting him, so defenses canít stack the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    Despite the ground and pound in the GT game, he aired it out deep 5 times, as far as I can recall. He completed 3 of them...two for TDs to TJ and a 3rd to CAB that should have been a TD, but was call out at the 4 yard line. These were low risk/high reward throws, including the two incompletions. I expect these throws to continue to be in the game plan, as long as the OL proves capable of protecting him, so defenses canít stack the box.

Great post.

I think Tanner Morgan is one of those guys who will always be under-appreciated by the more casual football fans ó by that, I mean the type of fan who obsesses a bit over 'The Deep Ball'.

Morgan is certainly not an impressive physical specimen.

But I'll be surprised if he isn't at or near the top of the B1G passer efficiency ratings at the end of this season. And I think there's a good chance that he leads this team to a very strong finish in 2019.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by norman dale View Post
    I'd bet 80% of my 401k that most rubes here could not throw a regulation size NCAA football more than 40 yards in their birthday suit much less with a fitted jersey and shoulder pads and a helmet on while taking a 5 step drop and having maybe 1Ĺ to 2 shuffle steps to gain forward momentum in a game situation. Game situation so much more difficult than tossing the pigskin in the backyard to your kids.

With all due respect any Power 5 QB above 5th string should be able to throw a football 40 yards. Maybe not a frozen rope with the flick of a wrist but an arcing 40 yard "bomb" is not a problem for Tanner. More important can he accurately thread the needle on a 7 yard slant pattern on 3rd and five? That's all I want from Tanner.
    Stupid rebuttal.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    [/b]

The single season record is 2895 yards (Adam Weber -2007). If Morgan plays the entire season, he could easily own that record.
    When I said this, I meant the all time leading passer at Minnesota, for career totals. That's actually a fairly difficult challenge, as Weber is the conference's 3rd all time in yardage. I think Morgan can do it if he remains the starter until graduation and stays healthy.

Default Mason's comments on Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    When I said this, I meant the all time leading passer at Minnesota, for career totals. That's actually a fairly difficult challenge, as Weber is the conference's 3rd all time in yardage. I think Morgan can do it if he remains the starter until graduation and stays healthy.
    Yep, the single season record is very attainable this season. That career total is a pretty big number. A lot of things would have to fall in place. As I alluded to earlier, the high interception numbers for Weber and Brees bothers me a lot when I look at the overall numbers. Iíd rather Morgan not break the record if it requires him to throw up for grabs a bunch, like those guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by Studwell55 View Post
    I like Tanner.

But he can't throw the ball over 40 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Really? Most of the people reading this could probably throw 40 yards or more. Besides, thatís not really important is it?
    I'd bet 80% of my 401k that most rubes here could not throw a regulation size NCAA football more than 40 yards in their birthday suit much less with a fitted jersey and shoulder pads and a helmet on while taking a 5 step drop and having maybe 1Ĺ to 2 shuffle steps to gain forward momentum in a game situation. Game situation so much more difficult than tossing the pigskin in the backyard to your kids.

With all due respect any Power 5 QB above 5th string should be able to throw a football 40 yards. Maybe not a frozen rope with the flick of a wrist but an arcing 40 yard "bomb" is not a problem for Tanner. More important can he accurately thread the needle on a 7 yard slant pattern on 3rd and five? That's all I want from Tanner.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    Stupid rebuttal.
    Stupid rebuttal to what ? I know Studwell55's sense of humor enough that he was being facetious about TM2 being able to throw 40 yards. My point was most yokels posting here think they can roll out of bed and sling a football 40 yards no problem - most can't throwing downhill much less under game conditions and I'll die on a hill defending that position. My other point is that Tanner's arm is "good enough" and that's all we need.
    Mediocre teams lose in excrutiating ways

Stupid rebuttal to what ? I know Studwell55's sense of humor enough that he was being facetious about TM2 being able to throw 40 yards. My point was most yokels posting here think they can roll out of bed and sling a football 40 yards no problem - most can't throwing downhill much less under game conditions and I'll die on a hill defending that position. My other point is that Tanner's arm is "good enough" and that's all we need.
    He was being facetious. I was being facetious. Humor, all around.

Maybe someone can organize a passing camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    He was being facetious. I was being facetious. Humor, all around.

Maybe someone can organize a passing camp.
    I'll bring the beer.

I can hit a golf ball 40 yards. I just don't know what direction it will be going.

Total Yardage Stats can be incredibly misleading. Donít even get me started on AW8.

TM2ís W-L stats are what matters. So far, pretty good.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Total Yardage Stats can be incredibly misleading. Donít even get me started on AW8.

TM2ís W-L stats are what matters. So far, pretty good.

Yes, sir... that's correct.

The Gophers are gonna run the ball a lot in 2019, folks.

In any given game, if our passing yards exceed our rushing yards it probably means we're playing from behind on the scoreboard.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".