Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Mason's comments on Morgan

On BTN yesterday Rick Hall ask Glen Mason if Minny could win the west and if not what are the question marks he has for them. "I still think the QB. If you're going to win a championship you better have a really really good QB. Tanner Morgan is a good quarterback, I'm not sure he's that good".

Time will tell but quality and depth of defensive line along with the production from the trigger man usually determine if a team wins 6-8 games vs 9-11.
    Last edited by Big Ten Mind; 08-16-2019 at 02:33 PM.

If our defense plays like they did to end the season all we need is a QB that manages the game, doesn't turn the ball over, etc. We won't need a lot from our QB.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    If our defense plays like they did to end the season all we need is a QB that manages the game, doesn't turn the ball over, etc. We won't need a lot from our QB.
    Correct. And being mobile (avoiding sacks, getting a few first downs per game with legs on a read option) only helps, which he is. Avoid fumbles, avoid ints. Make the easy throws. Make a couple hard throws per game.

I like Tanner.

But he can't throw the ball over 40 yards.

I seem to remember Wisconsin winning the west a few times with some pretty mediocre QB plAy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Studwell55 View Post
    I like Tanner.

Do we go vertical that often? If we are, it probably means we’re in desperation mode.

Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    I seem to remember Wisconsin winning the west a few times with some pretty mediocre QB plAy.

Agreed! Just needs to play smart which he did for most of his reps. He seems very poised and knows what he can and cannot do.

I like Tanner.

This looks to be about 50 yards to me?
    https://youtu.be/S0yBY8iSI38

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    Throws it from our 28- hits RB in stride at 26. 46 yards. Doesnít look like he was straining on throw so bet he can go further.

I like Tanner.

Really? Most of the people reading this could probably throw 40 yards or more. Besides, that’s not really important is it?

Default Mason's comments on Morgan

There are a lot of plays on video of him throwing 45+ (many are from high school), and those throws donít look hard for him. Somewhere between 50-55 is my guess, but who knows? We havenít seen him attempt anything over 50. This offense doesnít need to do that anyway.

Morgan is one of those guys who is always going to have people questioning his ability, because of his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Really? Most of the people reading this could probably throw 40 yards or more. Besides, thatís not really important is it?
    I'd bet 80% of my 401k that most rubes here could not throw a regulation size NCAA football more than 40 yards in their birthday suit much less with a fitted jersey and shoulder pads and a helmet on while taking a 5 step drop and having maybe 1Ĺ to 2 shuffle steps to gain forward momentum in a game situation. Game situation so much more difficult than tossing the pigskin in the backyard to your kids.

With all due respect any Power 5 QB above 5th string should be able to throw a football 40 yards. Maybe not a frozen rope with the flick of a wrist but an arcing 40 yard "bomb" is not a problem for Tanner. More important can he accurately thread the needle on a 7 yard slant pattern on 3rd and five? That's all I want from Tanner.
    Mediocre teams lose in excrutiating ways

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    That ref towards the goal line probably wants nothing more than this video to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Really? Most of the people reading this could probably throw 40 yards or more. Besides, that’s not really important is it?
    40 feet sure, but not 40 yards.

But agree how far you can throw it really isn't important at all, especially in our offense. Hit the slant every time that's all that matters.
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    The QB has to be able to make some plays. That loss against NW showed what a really good defense can do against a Tanner Morgan type of QB.