Gophers’ tight end production was nonexistent in 2018, but that could quickly change

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The Gophers football team had the worst pass-catching production from tight ends in the Big Ten last season.

All 13 other programs had at least one tight end catch more passes than all of Minnesota’s tight ends combined in 2018. Half the conference’s teams had two or three tight ends catch more than the six total receptions from the Gophers’ Bryce Witham, Ko Kieft and Jake Paulson a year ago.

But the U has ingredients for change in 2019. The biggest source of optimism is redshirt freshman Brevyn Spann-Ford.

The St. Cloud Tech alum didn’t catch a pass in four games a year ago, but the best-rated player from the state of Minnesota in the 2018 class looks like a handful. At 6-foot-7 and up to 270 pounds, Spann-Ford has been channeling his high school basketball days by winning jump balls in the corner of the end zone during preseason camp.

https://www.austindailyherald.com/2...istent-in-2018-but-that-could-quickly-change/

Go Gophers!!

Another weapon to go with all the other weapons on this team. If Morgan can do his job, defenses are clearly going to have their hands full.

Another weapon to go with all the other weapons on this team. If Morgan can do his job, defenses are clearly going to have their hands full.

Above all, Morgan needs to stay healthy, or I think the season could go south really quickly. That will require some good fortune, and the Gophers are due for some of that.

Above all, Morgan needs to stay healthy, or I think the season could go south really quickly. That will require some good fortune, and the Gophers are due for some of that.

We started last year with PWO true freshman. I don't think it's all doom and gloom if we have to go back to true freshman in case of injury (not ideal)

Opportunity for Jacob Clark and Cole Kramer to get quality reps with Zack Annexstad out. Let's hope they don't have to burn a RS.

Could really help open things up all around on offense. More room for TJ and Bateman, keep defenses on their toes of whether we are running or throwing will really help the run game. It sounds like our offense could be real fun to watch this year.

Top Bottom