Big Ten Football: Predicting the Biggest Upsets in 2019 (4. Minnesota over Penn St)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

4. Minnesota over Penn State, Nov. 9
If P.J. Fleck is going to get the Gophers to row their way into the Big Ten West race, winning a game at home against Penn State is what will give them a leg up in the division race. This will be the biggest opportunity for the experienced Gophers to make some noise, and they'll be coming off a bye week (so will Penn State).

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-predicting-biggest-upsets-2019

Go Gophers!!

Upset? I believe we will be favored by more than the obligatory home team "3" points by the time this one rolls around.

per Athlon:

If P.J. Fleck is going to get the Gophers to row their way into the Big Ten West race, winning a game at home against Penn State is what will give them a leg up in the division race. This will be the biggest opportunity for the experienced Gophers to make some noise, and they'll be coming off a bye week (so will Penn State).

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-predicting-biggest-upsets-2019

Go Gophers!!

We're experienced... and we're the second youngest team in America. Or something like that.

Upset? I believe we will be favored by more than the obligatory home team "3" points by the time this one rolls around.

+1 I think the real upset will be that the Gophers will be giving a TD against Penn State in November. Some of that is because I’m low on Penn State.

I also believe this game will be one of the most anticipated in modern program history by the time that bye week comes.

Their October is a real grind. Purdue, @Iowa, Michigan, @MSU...gonna be interesting to see where they are on the other side of that. They should handle Purdue but the next three probably have the best defenses in the conference if not some of the best in the country. That’ll be a good barometer to see where Clifford is in his development and whether their WRs have taken the big leap forward they needed to.

It’s not like they lack in talent as their defense should be loaded and they’ve got the high profile recruits on offense but they really seem to struggle to pull away since Moorhead and Josh Gattis left. With Stevens transferring out and Clifford not being much of a threat with his legs, a lot is going to ride on how far along their passing game has come. Hamler should be a bit of a Rondale Moore lite but does Shorter live up to the hype or do the other young receivers really step forward? Definitely reason for doubt. They’ll be an interesting program to follow.

per Athlon:

Go Gophers!!

You clearly didn't run this post by g4l beforehand...:p

You clearly didn't run this post by g4l beforehand...:p

Last time we played PSU they beat us. Until there is actual data to prove it will be different it is unreasonable to think it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time we played PSU they beat us. Until there is actual data to prove it will be different it is unreasonable to think it will be.

Bring on Alabama?

The last time the Gophers played PSU in TCF Bank Stadium they beat them. Until there is actual data to prove it will be different it is unreasonable to think it will be.

I'm sorry, but even the last time the two teams played, 80% of the current Gopher team wasn't there (neither was PJ Fleck), and I'm assuming 60%+ of PSU wasn't there. They are two completely different teams, the last result has nothing to do with what will happen this year.

Top Bottom