AP: Big Ten preview: Gophers have battle in tough West division

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

The power structure in the Big Ten could be in for a shakeup.

Jim Harbaugh enters his fifth year at Michigan overdue for a breakthrough, and two-time defending conference champion Ohio State is transitioning from Urban Meyer to Ryan Day and replacing a first-round NFL draft pick at quarterback.

Momentum Nebraska built the second half of last season is expected to carry over into Scott Frost’s second year. Wisconsin ceded control of the West with five losses in 2018, and the division is considered wide open with six teams capable of making it to Indianapolis for the Big Ten title game.

PICKS

East: Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers.

West: Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois.

Champion: Michigan.

https://www.foxsports.com/north/story/big-ten-preview-minnesota-gophers-081319

Go Gophers!!

The Associated Press? Never heard of it, probably filled with a bunch of dinks. I would rather hear what a reputable establishment like Bleacher Report or Athlon thinks about it...

Another 6th place finish prediction. Although I think that is unlikely, I do think it is possible IF Northwestern works their magic AND the Gophers are the odd-team out among the five teams I feel actually have a chance to win the division. Among those 5 teams scrapping to win it... SOMEONE has to finish fifth. And, if Northwestern surprises, that someone could even be 6th.

I think the Gophers chances to win the division are higher than the chances they finish 6th, however.

The Associated Press? Never heard of it, probably filled with a bunch of dinks. I would rather hear what a reputable establishment like Bleacher Report or Athlon thinks about it...

Correct. Gone way down hill after AP Sports Guy left...

Top Bottom