Gophers assistant Jim Panagos brings mixed-martial arts skills to defensive line

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

New Gophers assistant football coach Jim Panagos has been teaching fundamentals of mixed martial arts as he works with his Minnesota defensive linemen in preseason camp.

It’s a layer of his style incorporated from when he was the Vikings’ quality control assistant from 2002-04 and then it’s D-line coach in 2005.

“I’m a big believer in it,” Panagos, who comes to Dinkytown after two seasons at Temple, said Monday. “I’ve gone and studied it, and I’ve gone and researched a lot of stuff. It has brought me success. It’s different, and it’s exciting. Kids learn how to use their hands, how to create force, how to create space. ... I think we are doing a really good job.

https://www.winonadailynews.com/gop...cle_dd6c8c4f-5dde-53f8-9b53-e004bc483e47.html

Go Gophers!!

Are Chuck Norris style roundhouse kicks legal?

I love the Panagos hire, has a great track record with finding and developing dlinemen.

Jim has an impressive resume.

I just saw that he was hired by Georgia Tech on January 3rd, and left 9 days later to take this job. On the surface, that seems like a smart move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom