Man dies after competing in amateur taco eating contest during Grizzlies game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ABC30:

Tragedy struck at the ballpark last night when the man leading a taco eating championship suddenly choked and died.

The Grizzlies have now canceled a professional taco-eating championship scheduled for Saturday.

The rest of this weekend's Taco Truck Throwdown events will go on, as planned.

Dana Andrew Hutchings loved sports and having fun, so a taco eating contest in the middle of a Fresno Grizzlies game seemed like the perfect combination for him.

Those tacos would be his last meal.

"He apparently began to choke, so Fresno Grizzlies medical staff rushed over, started to give him first aid and then turned him over to American Ambulance," said Tony Botti with the Fresno County sheriff's and coroner's office.

Paramedics tried to clear food out of Hutchings' airway, but he died less than 30 minutes later.

He'd made a strong impression before his death, sharing his strategy with fellow fans at the game.

"He said he was going to enter a taco eating contest and has been not eating all day to make himself a winner," said Eric Schmidt.

https://abc30.com/man-dies-after-taco-eating-contest-at-fresno-grizzlies-game/5467417/

Go Gophers!!

They should really consider calling food eating contests ‘natural selection contests’.

I like watching the hot dog contest each year on the 4th of july. I guess I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with the way they shove those wieners down their throats.

I like watching the hot dog contest each year on the 4th of july. I guess I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with the way they shove those wieners down their throats.

Ick. The way they shove the hot dogs in those cups of water. Gross. I don't even like watching those.

Ick. The way they shove the hot dogs in those cups of water. Gross. I don't even like watching those.

I think it's gross too but find it amazing the number they eat in such short amount of time. People watch much grosser sh!t on netflix every day.

BD1D9239-6928-4691-AB22-5DF144C9F91E.jpg

Michele Bachmann deep-throating a super-sized pronto pup. She gagged!

Never been a fan of eating contests.

Top Bottom