View Poll Results: Who's our best player?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rodney Smith

    5 4.13%
  • Tyler Johnson

    51 42.15%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr

    18 14.88%
  • Carter Coughlin

    21 17.36%
  • Shannon Brooks

    0 0%
  • Rashod Bateman

    16 13.22%
  • Daniel Faalele

    8 6.61%
  • Someone Else

    2 1.65%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74
  1. #31

    Default

    Why is Ibrahim not even a choice? Are the other two running backs ahead in the depth charts?


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Why is Ibrahim not even a choice? Are the other two running backs ahead in the depth charts?
    Yes
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Shannonís best runs are definitely better than Rodneyís best runs but Rodney is more consistent snap to snap due to having better vision and patience. Shannonís combination of straight line speed and power is definitely better but Iíd say Rodney is better at everything else.

    But I agree, both are good but not great backs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to say Rodney has better vision and patience when Brooks averages nearly a full yard more per carry in his career. Either way, glad they are both on our team.

  4. #34

    Default

    This is a solid list of football players. My opinion, Conner Olson and Blaise Andries are the two best offensive linemen at this moment in time. Dunlap and Falalele will be in 2020.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    My hot take is that Rodney is fairly over rated on this board. To me he is an average big10 rb.
    Agreed.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshurun View Post
    Yes
    We'll see. I doubt it.

  7. #37

    Default

    Iím not even sure it is debatable. When healthy, SB > RS > MI. Maybe it will change over time, but right now that is simply the way it is... when healthy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Iím gonna say Rodney Smith is an above average back. His balance and ability to spin off and take hits is top notch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Iím not even sure it is debatable. When healthy, SB > RS > MI. Maybe it will change over time, but right now that is simply the way it is... when healthy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree.

    Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

  10. #40

    Default

    NFL type talent at a few positions. Not just talking about 5th to UDFA type guys, but 1-3rd round types...Carter, Tyler, Faalele (Winfield?). Not sure the last time they had this type of high end talent. Maybe Maroney and Barber years?

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some Day...Maybe View Post
    Iím gonna say Rodney Smith is an above average back. His balance and ability to spin off and take hits is top notch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím with you. Super versatile with pass blocking and catching balls out of the backfield. Good in space.
    I would say before knee injury RS >MI>SB and that is based on Mo continuing to improve. He was so good down the stretch last year.

  12. #42

    Default

    Would it be hyperbole to say the Gophers have 10 players who could start for Michigan or OSU this year?
    Coughlin, Tyler Johnson, Bateman, Andries, Big Dan, Barber, Martin, Durr, Williamson, Winfield Junior

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,473

    Default

    That this is debatable (and there aren’t a lot of wrong answers) is a very good sign.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    Would it be hyperbole to say the Gophers have 10 players who could start for Michigan or OSU this year?
    Coughlin, Tyler Johnson, Bateman, Andries, Big Dan, Barber, Martin, Durr, Williamson, Winfield Junior
    Iím not sure Durr belongs in that list.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNfootballfan View Post
    Hard to say Rodney has better vision and patience when Brooks averages nearly a full yard more per carry in his career. Either way, glad they are both on our team.
    Thats because Shannon is much better at breaking the long run. If you took the median carry for each, a stat not sensitive to extreme outliers, i'd bet Rodney's is higher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •