• Rashod Bateman

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Daniel Faalele

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
The Gophers best player wii only be as good as GSUs best player!:cool:

Would it be hyperbole to say the Gophers have 10 players who could start for Michigan or OSU this year?
Coughlin, Tyler Johnson, Bateman, Andries, Big Dan, Barber, Martin, Durr, Williamson, Winfield Junior

Could see Dunlop and BSF added to this list by year end, Thomas has an argument too, and that’s without any of our RBs... I don’t know their roster nearly as well as I know ours, but we’ve got more talent spread throughout our squad than I can remember since I started college over 15 year ago!

GSUsTALON I'm curious, I was looking at your city in your profile. Where in the world is Lalkeland?

Rashod Bateman - I feel like he is going to have a monster year!!! Lettttssss GOOOOOO!

GSUsTALON I'm curious, I was looking at your city in your profile. Where in the world is Lalkeland?

I just think it's crazy Talon lives on the beautiful St. Simons Island (Lakeland's quite nice too) and still has both 660 posts on our board and also holds down South Dakota State's board (and probably some others). I would expect that sort of activity from someone in Fergus Falls in January. Go outside mate!

I just think it's crazy Talon lives on the beautiful St. Simons Island (Lakeland's quite nice too) and still has both 660 posts on our board and also holds down South Dakota State's board (and probably some others). I would expect that sort of activity from someone in Fergus Falls in January. Go outside mate!

So you don't ice fish, snowmobile, cross country ski, or ice skate? Frostbite Falls is a great place to freeze you ass off in January. Your fingers should be too numb to type anyways. Other than that, it's Carter! Easy choice.

Oh, and ice hockey, curling, and broom ball.

Last edited:

Tyler Johnson, or A Winfield jr. It's toss up between those two.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I have my answer now.

It’s Bateman. He has the most potential at the next level too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bateman's potential is quite impressive, and he's shown it off too. I do wonder, though, if there's going to be more highlights for Bateman since Johnson will have a blanket of defenders around him. Not an exact same scenario, but Briean Boddy Calhoun sometimes had more stats because people were less likely to throw toward Murray. Not an exact comparison, but having two players like that can mean different stat levels.

Bateman's potential is quite impressive, and he's shown it off too. I do wonder, though, if there's going to be more highlights for Bateman since Johnson will have a blanket of defenders around him. Not an exact same scenario, but Briean Boddy Calhoun sometimes had more stats because people were less likely to throw toward Murray. Not an exact comparison, but having two players like that can mean different stat levels.

Teams might start shifting coverage to Bateman, opening things up more for Johnson. I hope they try to double cover both of them.

They’ll both get their share of catches and TDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current play or future ceiling? I think any of the T. Johnson, Winfield, Coughlin trio would be a reasonable choice as our best player right now. Future ceiling? Toss-up between Faalale or Bateman. I think Bateman could be All-World if he continues to develop. Bateman just has that "easy" speed.

This may be a hot take, but if Rodney Smith is pre-injury Rodney Smith I have to go with him.

I was watching Rodney's running quite a bit against SDSU and it seemed early he was trying to bounce a lot of things outside but maybe didn't have quite that quick enough first few steps. Later in the game he stayed north and south. He has been one of my favorite Gophers for sure and I hope he enjoys a great senior season.

Top Bottom