Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

It is very strange to me that at a public university non criminal sexual behavior can be grounds for expulsion.

Press conference — lawyers speak, teammates stand in support. Pulling the race card... This could get explosive for UW if the race angle takes hold although the hierarchy favors women over black (or white or brown) men...The Wisconsinites don’t seem familiar with “The Process” not requiring the same level of proof or lack of similar due process to a criminal or civil trial, respectively. They may also underestimate an administration’s sympathies for the EOAA and apparent digging in the heels/circling of the wagons for national PR purposes in the era of MeToo. Pass some popcorn.

https://www.channel3000.com/content/...hus/1108493243

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Press conference — lawyers speak, teammates stand in support. Pulling the race card... This could get explosive for UW if the race angle takes hold although the hierarchy favors women over black men...The Wisconsinites don’t seem familiar with “The Process” not requiring the same level of proof or lack of similar due process to a criminal or civil trial, respectively. They may also underestimate administration’s sympathies for the EOAA and digging in the heels.circling the wagons for national PR purposes in the era of MeToo. Pass some popcorn.

https://www.channel3000.com/content/...hus/1108493243
    NM

Apparently father of accuser is (allegedly) a current or former regent and large donor. Hmmm.

Last edited by Pompous Elitist; 08-12-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    "Players like this" meaning players who put themselves in a situation where they can be accused of these things.
    You need to keep yourself out of trouble these days,especially with people you don't know. And you can't be caught alone with someone who is female or in a lower stature of power than you.

It's just not safe. This has been established.
    Your advice is never be alone with a girl. You should tour campuses preaching this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Doesn’t matter if he didn’t commit a crime.

The university has every right to expel any student for violating the code of conduct at any time.
    1. It should.

2. You have been asked more than once. Please tell us what the code of conduct violation was.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Your advice is never be alone with a girl. You should tour campuses preaching this.

Close.

Never be alone with a girl you don't know well that isn't a public place. Library, fine. Restaurant, fine. 2:00 AM after a party after both were drinking... could be problems that stem from that, especially if you and the girl haven't known each other very long.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    We’d have a long discussion about the life choices he made that led to the events of that night. Probably, he wasn’t a perfect angel.

Very, very unlikely some woman that he’s never met in his life randomly lashes out at someone with a false accusation. Also, if there is literally no proof of anything and no one is willing to testify at all, including the accuser, then it’s very likely the school wouldn’t take action.
    I don’t know what information the school was acting on, but the evidence presented in court (one of the accuser’s text messages before and after the incident and video of her walking through the lobby immediately) contradict her sworn allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Close.

Never be alone with a girl you don't know well that isn't a public place. Library, fine. Restaurant, fine. 2:00 AM after a party after both were drinking... could be problems that stem from that, especially if you and the girl haven't known each other very long.
    Really? This is the 'New Normal'?

Isn't there a better way? Like, oh... I dunno... due process?! The rights of the accused, to face his (or her!) accuser? The right to a fair trial? Innocent until proved...

... oh, blah, blah, blah. Never mind. I'm a creature of the past. 'Back in the day, when we had rights...' It's a Brave New World.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Really? This is the 'New Normal'?

Isn't there a better way? Like, oh... I dunno... due process?! The rights of the accused, to face his (or her!) accuser? The right to a fair trial? Innocent until proved...

... oh, blah, blah, blah. Never mind. I'm a creature of the past. 'Back in the day, when we had rights...' It's a Brave New World.

There might be a better way, but you really have to be aware these days of your surroundings. Change might come, but it would sure help these single-men in their case if these reports came out and there defense could be "Well, we dated for 6 months, or we dated for 6 weeks, or we've been on 6 dates and things seemed to be going well. You know, like it was an actual relationship at that point. Then it would be more of a domestic case of whether there was abuse and when it started. But without any history to put in into context, the worse is assumed and it's hard to defend with or without witnesses if a girl says she's raped. In years past, the burden was put on the victim to prove it, but with it being a traumatic event, it's probably good that they don't have to endure more embarrassment and pain to have to make a case.

In the end, this is probably better and men (or boys) need to start to act as such.
    It can be a real trap for men, and that's why it's better for them to get to know these girls so they can better assess whether it's a trap or not.

I would bet that inside the Gopher football meetings, PJ is having conversations to this point about these men being aware of their surroundings.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    It should.
    Absurd. The burdens of proof are completely different, as is correct for the completely different consequences.

If your hypothesis were correct, it would’ve been tried in court by now. That it hasn’t, is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Wow.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    You must be totally unplugged from society, or live in an alternate universe.
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Both.
    Campus?

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Campus?
    g4l is both. Unplugged from society and living in an alternate universe.