Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Doesn’t matter if he didn’t commit a crime.

The university has every right to expel any student for violating the code of conduct at any time.
    This post didn't age well...

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Wisconsin's Cephus reinstated but not yet eligible

"MADISON, Wis. -- Former Wisconsin receiver Quintez Cephus was cleared Monday to return to school after a jury acquitted him of sexual assault charges. It is unclear when he will be eligible to play in a game.

The school announced Chancellor Rebecca Blank's decision in a statement that said the university had obtained information that wasn't provided during a student conduct review. The statement said sanctions against Cephus have been "reduced," and his expulsion has been lifted, though some conduct violations were upheld.

The statement didn't elaborate. Wisconsin spokesman John Lucas said he had no information on what the school learned and declined to comment on what conduct violations were upheld.

Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst has said he would welcome Cephus back, and the athletic department confirmed that Cephus had officially rejoined the team. In its own statement, the department said it was "working through eligibility issues before he can participate in a game." The opener for the 19th-ranked Badgers is Aug. 30 at South Florida.

"UW Athletics takes allegations of sexual misconduct very seriously," the statement said.

Cephus' attorney, Stephen Meyer, told The Associated Press in an email that he believes the eligibility issues will be addressed promptly, but he didn't elaborate."

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...t-yet-eligible
    Who hates iowa?

You propose that any student who refuses to participate in the schoolís investigation must therefore be acquitted? Brilliant.

Likely the school was not allowed to wait. The federal mandates usually require the school to act within a certain timeframe. Otherwise schools would just sit on it for years.
    how did this not play out like it should?? Was buckyeah wrong when he wrote above? If you are for meaningful improvement you could at least debate the statement that it played out like it should. I'm actually with you in the fact that if he can't participate, its fine if he is expelled. If he goes to jail he couldn't go to school anyway so of course that will take priority. I also think it is right that they reinstated him.

So in other words, hyper conservative Wisc state representatives threatened to pull funding if she didnít do what she was told, like a woman ought to.

Classic Wisconsin.
    Sorry, I forgot to reply with the quote earlier. I'm just curious if it was reported that Wisconsin state representatives threatened to pull funding if Chancellor Blank didn't do as she was told, or if someone is just making stuff up because they are not happy with the outcome of this situation.
    If it was reported, I sure would like to see a link. And not a link to a site that has a bunch of ads for auto warranties or life insurance.

Likely the school was not allowed to wait. The federal mandates usually require the school to act within a certain timeframe. Otherwise schools would just sit on it for years.
    Sure, schools would just love to sit on a case where a football player was accused of sexual assault for years. That would be a great look. Iím sure activist groups, the media, and the public would just let the story die, right.

This may be the most absurd statement you have made on here. No easy task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    That would be a great look.
    Why would anyone know about it, if they buried it?

Penn State. Baylor.

Why would anyone know about it, if they buried it?

Penn State. Baylor.
    Nice examples...for things that came out and look what happened to those schools.
    You proved exactly what Spoofin was talking about.

Only because of extraordinary effort by some motivated persons. Willing to bet other schools have similar skeletons buried deep, and we’ll never know.

Only because of extraordinary effort by some motivated persons. Willing to bet other schools have similar skeletons buried deep, and weíll never know.
    Iíd like some data behind that expectation.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Glad we agree that the (likely) timeframes dictated by the federally mandated investigations are good and prevent he school from waiting excessively long to conclude (or even begin) the process.

Well, he is back on the team now, as of today, so I hope he is not the difference maker in November at TCF. I do not recall much about him, but I think he is better than anyone else we saw i the Axe game last year at WR.

Regardless of what happens in November, I am happy he has a chance to return and did not get 100 percent railroaded like Winfield almost did here.

Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    Well, he is back on the team now, as of today, so I hope he is not the difference maker in November at TCF. I do not recall much about him, but I think he is better than anyone else we saw i the Axe game last year at WR.

Regardless of what happens in November, I am happy he has a chance to return and did not get 100 percent railroaded like Winfield almost did here.
    Big guy that's hard to bring down. Was their best receiver in 2017.
    https://youtu.be/PEzDzTRrHZI

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I’d like some data behind that expectation.

The data is buried too deep. All the way down in never never land.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

NCAA declares Cephus eligible to play.

Quote Originally Posted by los venerables View Post
    NCAA declares Cephus eligible to play.
    Contrast this with the Gophers 'scandal'. Amazing.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Contrast this with the Gophers 'scandal'. Amazing.
    It is interesting that the Cephus thing didn't seem to go through a process... straight to the end appeal after the trial.