Poll - Which will happen more during the 2019 Season

Which of these will occur most

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Which of these will happen most in 2019

I'd have to go with Green since we are a Morgan injury away from seeing Green at QB full-time.

Green is the easy answer but not for the reason you listed. If Morgan goes down the freshman will take over, not Green. Green may get a slightly higher percentage of snaps in that case though than he would have otherwise.

If we install that Big Dan run as a standard short yardage play,I could certainly see us running that play more than us scoring TDs on any of the other plays listed.

Will we ever have Faalele, Sam Schlueter, and Seth Green in the same backfield?

It would be insanely stupid to use Faalele as a RB in a real game.

That is a silly, silly, silly assertion- at least according to our friend the HWM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so sure it is that silly. We will certainly see more of him in any case. Would really like to see him catching passes over the middle too. I believe that Morgan is set to have a huge injury free season. We will coach and play call to protect him as much as possible.

Decoy to set up an easy pass?

It is so hard to read people's tone on a message board so if you are in on the bit I apologize. But anyone that actually believes that Faalele is going to be used as a runner this year is delusional.

It is so hard to read people's tone on a message board so if you are in on the bit I apologize. But anyone that actually believes that Faalele is going to be used as a runner this year is delusional.

Agreed.

I agree. I trust him to bulldoze people, I don't trust him to hang onto the ball

I also don't like idea of people hitting him at the knees

Green is the easy answer but not for the reason you listed. If Morgan goes down the freshman will take over, not Green. Green may get a slightly higher percentage of snaps in that case though than he would have otherwise.

Agreed. Green hasn't been getting many reps at QB, they've been at WR

It'll most likely be Clark stepping in if Morgan goes down. I expect to see both during NC

So far half voting for Seth Green TD passes.
He had 5 attempts for 4 completions last year.

So far half voting for Seth Green TD passes.
He had 5 attempts for 4 completions last year.

I mean I don't think smith has ever had a receiving TD, my stance on faelele is clear above, Green will hopefully be in on the goal line with a chance to run it or throw it once/game if not more. You could maybe consider punt return TDs if winfield jr could stay healthy for more than 4 games...

With Green at Wildcat, most defenses are selling out to stop the run. So, all he has to do is fake the run, pull up and toss a (hopefully) easy pass to a TE or RB who does a fake-block and leaks out into the flat.

I could see him hitting that play several times early in the season. that in turn forces the defense to respect the pass, and should open up more room for Green to run in goal-line situations. win-win for the Gophers.

I see 3 or 4 Seth Green TD passes and about the same for Rodney Smith receiving TDs. I give a slightly higher probability to Seth Green.

Except for very late in the game on 11/30/19 as a two point conversion for Gophs to go up by 21...

There is something left out of your poll.

How many G5 teams will you lose to?

Just 1.

GSU will kick a late field goal to win the GSU vs Gophers game! ;-)

There is something left out of your poll.

How many G5 teams will you lose to?

Just 1.

GSU will kick a late field goal to win the GSU vs Gophers game! ;-)

TALON
Just sit back and wait for your own poll about GSU.
We'll have GSU related content in future polls.
Just be patient.

I have been called stupid and delusional before....including on this board. I have no idea if Faalele will actually carry the ball in a game. But if they practice it and if he is effective doing so and able to secure the ball we'll see it in a game.
If he fumbles in practice we won't. But if he runs hard and hangs onto the ball he's going to move the pile.
It would be dumber to practice it and never utilize it. So, the question is: Are they continuing to practice this?
If so, we'll see it.

PJ likes to call attention to his resourcefulness.

How about Tyler Johnson pass completions? What's the over under on those?

Yeah but not because he would be ineffective. I think he would do ok in situations. More as a goal line fullback.

Real reason is Seth Green was extremely effective in short yardage last year and should be this year too.

Yeah but not because he would be ineffective. I think he would do ok in situations. More as a goal line fullback.

Real reason is Seth Green was extremely effective in short yardage last year and should be this year too.

That's why I was so surprised to hear we were practicing it. Seems like a solution to a problem we don't have (figuring out how to move the ball in short yardage, stack the box situations).

That's why I was so surprised to hear we were practicing it. Seems like a solution to a problem we don't have (figuring out how to move the ball in short yardage, stack the box situations).

Has it ever been confirmed it was more then just a spring game gimmick? Giving the ball to DF was like handing it off to the mascot or some other fun play to give the fans something to talk about.

I would be shocked to find out this is something we work on regularly or have any plans of using in actual game situations. As plenty of others have pointed out it makes zero sense to put the ball in the hands of someone who isn't used to running with it when you already have a really good short yardage option on the roster in Seth Green.

It was a fun moment in a glorified practice.....nothing more, nothing less. I would gladly take a bet with anyone that DF will not get a single carry as RB in an actual game over the remainder of his Gopher career.

I agree. I trust him to bulldoze people, I don't trust him to hang onto the ball

I also don't like idea of people hitting him at the knees

There aren't any guys that are relishing the opportunity to go low on Faalele...

Rodney receiving TDs - 1
Faalele rushing carries - 0
Green passing TDs - 1
Punt return TDs - 2

Top Bottom