Poll - Which will happen more during the 2019 Season

Which of these will occur most

• Total voters
Has it ever been confirmed it was more then just a spring game gimmick? Giving the ball to DF was like handing it off to the mascot or some other fun play to give the fans something to talk about.

I would be shocked to find out this is something we work on regularly or have any plans of using in actual game situations. As plenty of others have pointed out it makes zero sense to put the ball in the hands of someone who isn't used to running with it when you already have a really good short yardage option on the roster in Seth Green.

It was a fun moment in a glorified practice.....nothing more, nothing less. I would gladly take a bet with anyone that DF will not get a single carry as RB in an actual game over the remainder of his Gopher career.

I believe Fleck said we will see it in a game during one of his interviews, so I'd suppose that means they're still practicing it, occasionally.

I believe Fleck said we will see it in a game during one of his interviews, so I'd suppose that means they're still practicing it, occasionally.

Makes no sense.
From all the practice reports, they’re still trying to figure out who the 5th best OL will be and depending on who that is others could shuffle around. Now we’re going to take our biggest and best OL, move him to the backfield and have the 6th best OL go to his spot? That would weaken both the OL and RB positions for a short yardage play, where OL play is crucial and a RB who can read blocks and or make a hole himself by making a defender miss or drive a defender back(this would be DF’s only plus in backfield and SG,SB or MI are already pretty good at that and the other two)
Rodney will catch 5 TD’s which will equal Seth’s passing TD’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be insanely stupid to use Faalele as a RB in a real game.

This is just untrue.
If he is a running back he could be a lead blocker?
If he is a running back he can be a decoy?
If he is a running back one time he costs every defense the rest of the year 10-20 minutes of prepping for that package?
If he gets a handoff he might gain yards and national press for the university?

I’m not a fan of it, but to call it definitely stupid is definitely stupid.

This is just untrue.
If he is a running back he could be a lead blocker?
If he is a running back he can be a decoy?
If he is a running back one time he costs every defense the rest of the year 10-20 minutes of prepping for that package?

I’m not a fan of it, but to call it definitely stupid is definitely stupid.
Nah. It's stupid.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Could also have just been him messing around with the reporter. Will be shocked if we see him line up at RB and even more shocked if we hand the ball to him. Just doesn't seem worth the risks that would come along with the play (fumble, injury, mistakes due to not being used to carrying the ball....).

If we need a couple of big yards on the ground you let Seth take care of it. No point in risking it on a gimmick play when you already have a good option available.

And if he blows out a knee, the Gophers get much more publicity from ruining a future first round draft pick’s career. It could tank our recruiting and then end Fleck’s time as a Gopher.

It certainly would not be a smart thing to do.

I believe so far we are at zero on all 4.

Well, they have abandoned the punt return, so that one's off the board.

Top Bottom