CFB Quotes - MN #13

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Actually, #12. Even Better.

Kid has a bright future.

I love the prediction, but if we finish 10-3 (particularly with a loss to Fresno St.), there is zero chance the voters are putting us at 12. I mean, he has Virginia at 18 with a 9-3 record and losses to 3 teams that are probably all better than anyone we play this year. If we actually do finish 10-3, we'll end up in the high teens-low 20s, because we're Minnesota and we don't get the benefit of the doubt like some schools.

I love the prediction, but if we finish 10-3 (particularly with a loss to Fresno St.), there is zero chance the voters are putting us at 12. I mean, he has Virginia at 18 with a 9-3 record and losses to 3 teams that are probably all better than anyone we play this year. If we actually do finish 10-3, we'll end up in the high teens-low 20s, because we're Minnesota and we don't get the benefit of the doubt like some schools.

True!

He has Nebraska over Ohio St, so with that Nebraska could be highly ranked when we play them week 7. That would get us in the rankings at 5-1. Then we beat Penn St, but lose to Iowa who may or may not be ranked at that time. (Iowa ends up not ranked).
Then we beat Wisconsin who is likely ranked around 10-15 at that point after only loses early vs Michigan and mid-season against OSU after they just beat Iowa, Nebraska, and Purdue.

Wisconsin's last four weeks will be quite interesting and will largely decide the West.

Huh, Minnesota losing to Michigan?

Makes sense if Minnesota beats (at the time) #8 Wisconsin by 21 and then lose to #3 Michigan by 1 in the B1G Championship.

If the OL jells like it could our offense is literally unstoppable. If the DL is improved there is no limit to our potential. Undefeated and B1G Champ puts us in the playoff. Perhaps grudgingly so, but in the playoffs. Then again 6-6 is always a possibility. I expect a very good year and top 15 is expected by me.

Top Bottom