Last Chance U Coach Jason Brown on gophers: They could win the Big Ten this year

die hard gopher

Reaction score
This was pretty funny and awesome if you watch Last Chance U on Netflix. Former head coach of Independence community college. Was Dior Johnson, Ray Buford, Tamarion Johnson and Jermaine Johnson's former HC.

Holy sh!t that's funny

Not sure if he is really a guy we want in our corner.... :)

I enjoy watching Last Chance U...it is garbage TV but damn if it isn't hard to look away.

SLAPDICK:
Someone who doesn't know what the hell they're doing, and proceeds to f$@* up
what in the hell were you thinking you slapdick!

I enjoy watching Last Chance U...it is garbage TV but damn if it isn't hard to look away.

I recommend listening to his interview on Pat McAfee's podcast. It really did change my opinion on him.

A couple of points:
The GPA at Independence CC went way up when he was hired;
None of his players who got D1 college scholarships were later arrested or kicked out of the D1 institution that they transferred to;
Almost all of his players support him on social media. The only ones that don't, were kicked out of the school.

Every year, he has a team full of headaches and the goal is (openly) different for his players than it is for most colleges. Winning is nice, but getting a scholarship is #1, everyone wants to get out of Independence, Kansas as quickly as possible. That changes a team.

Ah, I forgot there were later seasons at a different CC.

I was thinking East Mississippi.

Probably because what’s his face just absolutely face planted on the first episode of Hard Knocks this year. What a complete waste.

I'll take him ahead of Jerry Palm. That much I know.

It would be priceless to see him on Fleck's staff. Oh my goodness! He's hilarious.

I recommend listening to his interview on Pat McAfee's podcast. It really did change my opinion on him.

A couple of points:
None of his players who got D1 college scholarships were later arrested or kicked out of the D1 institution that they transferred to;
Almost all of his players support him on social media. The only ones that don't, were kicked out of the school.

Every year, he has a team full of headaches and the goal is (openly) different for his players than it is for most colleges. Winning is nice, but getting a scholarship is #1, everyone wants to get out of Independence, Kansas as quickly as possible. That changes a team.

Yeah, JC football is a whole different world and I can't even imagine what it is like to try and manage all those personalities and egos while trying to get the players to buy into a place they don't want to be at and don't intend to stay at long.

Was referring more to his Hitler comments and the fact that he is currently facing multiple felony charges for blackmail and identity theft when saying we maybe don't really want his endorsement :)

A couple of points:

I remember going through 1/2 of his 1st season on Last Chance U and thinking he was Tim Brewster - more concerned with gear/image than people/the game. By the end of the season, he won me over. Unlike the previous seasons with Buddy, he cared about academics. His methods are unconventional, but I think it works at that level. I'm not sure it would work anywhere else, but he's legit giving kids their last chance to succeed, and has been doing it well.

Agreed. Had to watch the entire series and as I tried to get past his language and antics he did seem to want the underdogs like himself to succeed. Putting a guy like him in KS. did not turn out to be a good match .

Agreed. Had to watch the entire series and as I tried to get past his language and antics he did seem to want the underdogs like himself to succeed. Putting a guy like him in KS. did not turn out to be a good match .

They liked him in the first season when his team was winning, they didn't in the next season when they were losing. Winning and losing is everything for a college coach.

He seemed to put promoting himself ahead of his school.

I can see why you guys like him.

Hi Piper!

Actually the Badgers record against the Gophers over the last 52 years is only 33-19. You were close, though. Not going to ask why you chose such an odd timeframe, but glad I could set you straight.

So you agree that Fleck promoting himself ahead of the U doesn't matter if we beat Wisconsin?

Top Bottom