Jerry Palm, CBS: No Bowl for Gophers

fmlizard

Reaction score
Jerry Palm of CBS posted a list of bowl projections for all bowls. Apparently in his view the Gophers are going to get much worse with most everyone returning. Not even on the bowling list. Naturally he calls for 5 Big Ten West teams to go, including wisconsin and Nebraska in January. We'll see, I suppose.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

We are allowed to laugh and make fun of how dumb they are. Zero chance we miss a bowl game.

I heard he lives in his parent's basement, and still wets the bed.

Due to the Gophers early Big Ten demise, nearly everyone tuned them out. Very few understand the nuance of their season/roster dynamics. It could go sideways, but I very much look forward to this season.

Jerry Palm is a dink and purees all his solid food.

Jerry is a bit of a mouth breather, tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Palm of CBS posted a list of bowl projections for all bowls. Apparently in his view the Gophers are going to get much worse with most everyone returning. Not even on the bowling list. Naturally he calls for 5 Big Ten West teams to go, including wisconsin and Nebraska in January. We'll see, I suppose.

Palm knows basketball, but is worse than useless at football...and I'm not saying that merely because of this horrible, horrible prediction.

Of all the worthless pre-season and way too early projections out there, bowl predictions might be one of the most useless. The projections change rapidly in the weeks right before the actual bowl selection takes place so to make any sort of guess before the season even begins is pointless regardless of who they come from.

Given our schedule and who we have coming back, not qualifying for a bowl game would be a massive disappointment. Things would have to really go sideways for that to happen this season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

We are allowed to laugh and make fun of how dumb they are. Zero chance we miss a bowl game.

Zero? Seriously? It may be small but a key injury or 2 could derail bowl hopes, especially if there is a Non-Conf loss.

Nebraska in a January bowl game. That team has all the hype in the world right now.

Jerry Palm can eat a D! This team is not only going bowling they are contenders in the Big 10 West. This offense is going to put up a lot of points no doubt in my mind.

Jerry Palm’s wife works for a living and they don’t have any kids.

Zero? Seriously? It may be small but a key injury or 2 could derail bowl hopes, especially if there is a Non-Conf loss.

Yeah. We are now a Morgan injury away from being very mediocre. If Morgan gets hurt I’d be back to hoping for 6-6 or better.

Last I heard their relationship status was “it’s complicated.”

Well, given that Jerry Palm dates his last name, I would say his relationship status is “self-satisfying.”

Last edited:

Due to the Gophers early Big Ten demise, nearly everyone tuned them out. Very few understand the nuance of their season/roster dynamics. It could go sideways, but I very much look forward to this season.

Plus, these national observers really aren't that cognizant of the lesser teams in conferences throughout the country and which of those are on the upswing, downswing, or maintaining. Mainly they make "safe" picks based on history and talk about the top rated teams in the power conferences (and Notre Dame). They're unlikely to foresee a breakout year for a team like the Gophers or a mediocre year (like last year) for a team like Wisconsin. Based on what I've seen, most Big Ten reporters see the Gophers on an upswing and a likely bowl team.

there is always a worst-case scenario.

As someone noted, if Morgan goes down for an extended period, the Gophers either have to play Green at QB full-time, or throw a true FR in there again.

Now, I think the Gophers have the line and backs to go 6-6 with an offense that goes 80/20 in favor of running, but losing Morgan would hurt the offensive balance and negate one of the strengths of the team - depth at WR.

That is now the key to the season - keeping Morgan healthy. If the Gophs run up a big lead in any of the non-conf games, I really hope they'll get Morgan out of there and let the FR QB's get some reps. I don't want to be in week 6 or 7 of the season, have Morgan go down, and now the Gophers are heading into the heart of the schedule with a completely un-tested QB.

That is the one scenario I could see that could potentially keep the Gophers out of a bowl game. So, it's possible. Now, is it probable? maybe not. but never say never.

All those people that make regular season predictions on a team's W/L record and bowl predictions in July and August are full of $h!t.

You have to remember that they have to write something to keep their job and get paid.

Also remember by mid season the same writer will have enough info to make a better prediction. If he changes his prediction to benefit the Gophers he hopes you will be happy and forget his original prediction. If he's right about his original prediction then he'll tell the Big 10 readers, I told you so!

Some sports writers say GSU only has a 6-6 or maybe a 7-5 record for 2019. Most have very little background knowledge about G5 GSU or know anything about the 2019 team.

PARTY ON GOPHERS

TALON

Hey Jerry Palm of CBS - SUK IT

Last edited:

All those people that make regular season predictions on a team's W/L record and bowl predictions in July and August are full of $h!t.

You have to remember that they have to write something to keep their job and get paid.

Also remember by mid season the same writer will have enough info to make a better prediction. If he changes his prediction to benefit the Gophers he hopes you will be happy and forget his original prediction. If he's right about his original prediction then he'll tell the Big 10 readers, I told you so!

Some sports writers say GSU only has a 6-6 or maybe a 7-5 record for 2019. Most have very little background knowledge about G5 GSU or know anything about the 2019 team.

PARTY ON GOPHERS

TALON

Hey Jerry Palm of CBS - SUK IT

SO NO GOPHER AGRES with me?

I completely missed your post, sorry. Next time, maybe consider adding some more bold and caps lock. It would help the post stand out more.

Get some reading glasses at the Dollar Store, MAYBE A 4 OR 5 magnification!

Top Bottom