Make a bold college football prediction about a non gopher team

Penn State was 9-4 last year and has to replace a bunch of key guys.. Somehow that puts them in the top 15 in the nation though.

They're not short on talent and they've proven they can utilize it.

They're not short on talent and they've proven they can utilize it.

What is James Franklin’s record at Penn State when Trace McSorley isn’t starting?

We should quit playing games and just go directly to bowl games based on talent.

What is James Franklin’s record at Penn State when Trace McSorley isn’t starting?

We should quit playing games and just go directly to bowl games based on talent.

I don't think that is a very good idea.

I think your other question is kinda loaded and unfair.

I don't think that is a very good idea.

I think your other question is kinda loaded and unfair.

What is loaded about it?

Interestingly enough as a gopher fan. The season that locked in James Franklin as a long term coach was 2016.

In 2016 PSU was 2-2 with losses to Pitt and a blowout to Michigan. Getting dominated by Minnesota at the half (not on the scoreboard, that was only 10) and then down 3 again with 54 seconds to play. The gophers played one of the worst 3rd quarters in my gopher watching memory followed by a typical last minute meltdown. If Penn state loses that game, Franklin has got a 2-3 team with no conference title to play for already after week 5.

If Minnesota plays a good 3rd quarter Tracy Claeys is probably still the coach and James Franklin never wins a division title. May be on the hot seat or gone.

Just obviously none of that happened and Penn State had another great comeback against Ohio State two weeks later. That was the season big ten champ
Penn state got passed over for a playoff spot by Ohio state. I agreed with the decision at the time as Penn State had two losses and Ohio State just had one.

What is loaded about it?

Interestingly enough as a gopher fan. The season that locked in James Franklin as a long term coach was 2016.

In 2016 PSU was 2-2 with losses to Pitt and a blowout to Michigan. Getting dominated by Minnesota at the half (not on the scoreboard, that was only 10) and then down 3 again with 54 seconds to play. The gophers played one of the worst 3rd quarters in my gopher watching memory followed by a typical last minute meltdown. If Penn state loses that game, Franklin has got a 2-3 team with no conference title to play for already after week 5.

If Minnesota plays a good 3rd quarter Tracy Claeys is probably still the coach and James Franklin never wins a division title. May be on the hot seat or gone.

Just obviously none of that happened and Penn State had another great comeback against Ohio State two weeks later. That was the season big ten champ
Penn state got passed over for a playoff spot by Ohio state. I agreed with the decision at the time as Penn State had two losses and Ohio State just had one.

Life is full of maybe beat that guy and something or other happens ... but they didn't so it doesn't mean much.

Life is full of maybe beat that guy and something or other happens ... but they didn't so it doesn't mean much.

That’s true.
So I guess let’s just all say penn State is going to be great this year even though the times mcsorely was hurt last year Penn state looked awful

Their mascot looks like he is from the 1940's though and that can't be denied.

No doubt about it.

The traditional uniforms are nice.

Less so the mascot outfit that looks like it smells bad.

Michigan State finishes #1 in the nation in total defense, but only manages to squeak out an 8-4 record because of (again) a well-below-par offense without a true threat at RB.

Michigan State finishes #1 in the nation in total defense, but only manages to squeak out an 8-4 record because of (again) a well-below-par offense without a true threat at RB.

Is that a bold prediction?

Bird poop is discovered to be the new miracle opioid.

Michigan makes the CFP. Not sure if it's super bold considering Urban is gone but considering the Wolverines haven't made it over the hump yet, it's my prediction. Defense will be good and Patterson comes back with a year of Big Ten experience under his belt.

A group of 6 school makes the college football playoff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

G5 Georgia Southern will win the Sun Belt at 10-2 and go on to win a nice bowl game making them 11-2.

Thanks' very much P.E. GOPHER.

I want to remind all the Gopher Fans that though I was just called Bold for my GSU prediction by Pompous Elitist Gopher & that doesn't mean my prediction is based purely on GSUs pure will to win, but locked in 20 feet of reinforce, hardened cement or reason if you like.

Aggievision is nominated as the nation's best sports channel.

TMZ releases an expose on Clemson pot use, leading to the hashtag #DaboDoobie trending on Twitter. No one is suspended and Clemson wins a 2nd title anyway.

TMZ releases an expose on Clemson pot use, leading to the hashtag #DaboDoobie trending on Twitter. No one is suspended and Clemson wins a 2nd title anyway.

And after the year they change the name of the stadium to "Puff Valley"

Boys refuse to put oars in the water for Peej. Gophs don't make it out of the harbor for another sub 500 season. Bold lol

Boat-on-the-water.jpgBoat-on-the-water.jpg

A non-Power 5 Conference team declares themselves national champions and organises a victory parade.

The University of Chicago will NOT win the BIG10 this season

Top Bottom