ESPN: No. 29 recruit to skip college, prep for '21 draft

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Top-30 recruit MarJon Beauchamp plans to skip college and instead work out with a training program to prepare for the 2021 NBA draft.

Beauchamp will begin the yearlong program at Chameleon BX following his senior year of high school. He will attend Dream City Christian (Arizona) for his final high school season.

"It's 100 percent," Beauchamp said of his decision.

Chameleon BX is a San Francisco-based training program developed by Frank Matrisciano, who worked at Memphis from 2011-14 and has worked with the likes of Blake Griffin.

"It's a 12-month plan, strictly will be training and getting my body where it needs to be," Beauchamp said. "Just living like a pro these whole 12 months, learning responsibilities and working with NBA coaches who had experience, I think it's the best route for me."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...2360/no-29-recruit-skip-college-prep-21-draft

Go Gophers!!

If he's going to skip college, overseas or the G-league would be a better choice.

What are scouts going to do? Watch workouts and pick-up games?

If he's going to skip college, overseas or the G-league would be a better choice.

What are scouts going to do? Watch workouts and pick-up games?

Darius Bazley skipped college and the G-League, took a New Balance internship (whatever that is), and was a 1st round draft pick. He was ranked #17 coming out of high school.

The world is changing.

This seems counter intuitive but a lot of times the less film someone has on you the better. Nassir Little was the #2 ranked recruit coming into the year (over Zion), and he got kind of exposed in college and got picked 25th vs Bazley who went 23rd because no one saw anything other than him dominating AAU games. It's why almost all of these kids leave early, they have less "bad" film. I am sure Tre Jones will be a better player next year, but maybe he goes 2-14 in a game and suddenly scouts remember that game he couldn't make anything against a tall defender and he falls to pick 46. Its why I wish the NBA would do something like the NHL does and you can get drafted but the team just keeps your rights if you go back to school. Hey kid you have a guaranteed deal waiting but we would like you to stay another year and work on X Y and Z then come in the next year. The kid knows he has the money secured so there is far less of a financial risk in coming back for a year or two.

This seems counter intuitive but a lot of times the less film someone has on you the better. Nassir Little was the #2 ranked recruit coming into the year (over Zion), and he got kind of exposed in college and got picked 25th vs Bazley who went 23rd because no one saw anything other than him dominating AAU games. It's why almost all of these kids leave early, they have less "bad" film. I am sure Tre Jones will be a better player next year, but maybe he goes 2-14 in a game and suddenly scouts remember that game he couldn't make anything against a tall defender and he falls to pick 46. Its why I wish the NBA would do something like the NHL does and you can get drafted but the team just keeps your rights if you go back to school. Hey kid you have a guaranteed deal waiting but we would like you to stay another year and work on X Y and Z then come in the next year. The kid knows he has the money secured so there is far less of a financial risk in coming back for a year or two.

Yeah I remember that Mudiay dude going top 5 on basically no tape. Same with Garland from Vandy this year.

It’s a little sad for CBB fans but most of the book is written on these guys by age 15-17 (at least in terms of draft ability and draft rank)

Top Bottom