All Things Gophers Summer Trip to Italy Thread

Otis

Reaction score
Just wondering haven't seen anything.

I believe the first game is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll look for something with more details and post if I run into it.

I notice in the first pic above that Jarvis Johnson is along on this trip. wonder why? on the staff? Grad asst?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Was duplicate of above, not sure how to delete, my bad!

First game info though: Updates and an video interview with Richard Pitino will come from the team after the U’s first game scheduled 11:30 a.m. CT Tuesday against Stella Azurra Academy in Rome.

- Per STrib, Marcus

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Was duplicate of above, not sure how to delete, my bad!

First game info though: Updates and an video interview with Richard Pitino will come from the team after the U’s first game scheduled 11:30 a.m. CT Tuesday against Stella Azurra Academy in Rome.

- Per STrib, Marcus

Nebraska is also playing in Italy and played this team today. The Huskers with all new players beat Stella 87-56.

So i guess if we win by less than 31 we are not as good as Nebraska this year. :rolleyes:

Naw...their two leading scorers had to work when they played Nebraska. :rolleyes: Expected to be at full strength versus the Gophers!

I look forward to this...if I have the time. Looks like the link will be posted near game time at 11:30.

For those of us that can’t watch, any updates you could provide would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early highlight, the Italian team making one of its players go out to sweep the floor while another guy is shooting FT's ha

Just tuned in. We’re down 32-16?? Yuck.

Just turned it off. Obviously a lot can change, but at first glance this does not look like an NCAA tournament team, much less a BIG contender. Maybe a mixture of nerves, new chemistry and being on a vacation tour but I am not encouraged.

Playing a little to much one man ball. Still down 34-24

Three point shooting and free throw shooting = not improved so far.

Not terribly impressed with Alihan Demir so far. Of course, this is the snappest of snap judgments.

A three! I couldn't tell who that was. Maybe Willis?

Top Bottom