All Things 2019 Gophers Fall Camp Thread

It's much easier to gain the position and leverage needed to make a play like that when you're allowed to false-start.

True, he would have been flagged, but he still threw that pass rusher around like a rag doll. I think at this point he still had never played a down in an actual game, and was still learning the rules.

Has DF had any false start penalties yet? Holding calls? I don’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, he would have been flagged, but he still threw that pass rusher around like a rag doll. I think at this point he still had never played a down in an actual game, and was still learning the rules.

I think he had two false starts last year IIRC.

Ibrahim has some quick feet.

https://twitter.com/gopherfootball/status/1158829263195426822?s=21
So...I think a good comp for Ibrahim is Emmitt Smith...similar stature and running style. I’m not saying Ibrahim is in the same class as Emmitt, but there are a lot of similarities. Neither have/had “breakaway speed,” but they hit the hole quick, have good vision, and are tough to bring down with an arm tackle.

So...I think a good comp for Ibrahim is Emmitt Smith...similar stature and running style. I’m not saying Ibrahim is in the same class as Emmitt, but there are a lot of similarities. Neither have/had “breakaway speed,” but they hit the hole quick, have good vision, and are tough to bring down with an arm tackle.

He looked fantastic Saturday.

The Minnesota offense is going to be very, very tough to stop. I’m practically giddy.

Bateman put some weight on in the offseason. Hopefully will make him even more explosive. He sure looks quick here.

He stated one of his main goals in the offseason was to get...wait for it...faster. I can’t wait to see his RAC opportunities this year.

I think it's a great comp in style (obviously, as you pointed out, not saying Mo is in the same class as Emmitt Smith).

They both were not huge guys that looked miserable to tackle.

I agree with everything you said.

As excited as I am to have Rodney and Shannon (hopefully) back, it's going to be hard to keep Mo off the field.

I think it's a great comp in style (obviously, as you pointed out, not saying Mo is in the same class as Emmitt Smith).

They both were not huge guys that looked miserable to tackle.

I agree with everything you said.

As excited as I am to have Rodney and Shannon (hopefully) back, it's going to be hard to keep Mo off the field.

It boggles my mind that people on here think Mo is not as talented as Rodney and Shannon. He may not be as physically gifted, but he is the most effective of the three in my mind.

It boggles my mind that people on here think Mo is not as talented as Rodney and Shannon. He may not be as physically gifted, but he is the most effective of the three in my mind.

I’m honestly coming around on that after watching back Mo’s highlights from last season. Especially the Ohio State and Georgia Tech games. I want to see all of them get a chance behind the improved O-line.

He had a hold vs Georgia Tech, right before the non-TD pass to CAB.

Guy is a winner with the it factor we’ve been looking for.
Totally agree, when he came in to the Nebraska game it was noticeable. Just need the freshmen to step up and with Ciarrocca I think they will.

per Megan:

D-line dilemma

Fleck said when it comes to his three-technique inside defensive lineman spot, it’s still a bit of a carousel.

“It’s a competition right now,” he said. “We want to be able to have guys in there that can continue to rotate.”

He pointed out junior Keonte Schad and graduate transfer Micah Dew-Treadway as two players who practice with passion and energy. He also said senior Sam Renner is coming off a big season playing all 13 games at the outside and inside positions and is also up to 278 pounds.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-green-to-again-help-fill-the-void/524283061/

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Coy about Morgan

Fleck said Annexstad was originally scheduled to have surgery Monday, but instead will undergo an operation on his foot Wednesday. Annexstad was on a scooter at practice, his right foot booted, and is out “indefinitely.”

Considering Annexstad and Morgan were in a battle for the starting job, all Fleck has to do is decree Morgan QB1.

“I don’t know if you want me to officially name Tanner a starter, but I don’t know if I should do that,” Fleck teased. “Maybe I’ll hold off until tomorrow or something … just to keep everybody in suspense. But I think it’s pretty obvious.”

Fleck said Morgan has stepped up “big time” in the wake of the injury, especially considering how his reps have doubled. Now it’s a matter of monitoring his output to make sure Morgan, who practices like it’s a game every session, doesn’t wear himself out before the season starts.

Morgan, though, was genuinely disappointed for Annexstad, who he said is now assuming the role of “assistant quarterback coach.”

“It’s very unfortunate, what happened. He’s an incredible competitor and pushed me to be better every single day,” Morgan said. “Injuries are a part of the game, and now we have to respond as a team.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-green-to-again-help-fill-the-void/524283061/

Go Gophers!!

I felt the same way well before the end of last season and his performance in the bowl game pushed that conclusion possibly to the point of no return. In my mind, he clearly is better than Rodney Smith at the same point in his career. Brooks has had some great games but he's appeared in 7 games over the last two years. He's also more fumble prone than Ibrahim.

The strong preference for Rodney and Brooks over Ibrahim is the product of biased attachment. Of course, those posters will never admit that (or even realize it). They'll say that Ibrahim's performance is just due to the line. I guess last season's offensive line was just so much better than all those that preceded it.

Mo has been excellent, I don’t think anyone would dispute that. He has that Cobb-like patience and vision and he likes contact. Can’t go wrong. Personally...again my jaded opinion is Brooks has marginally more explosion, has an extra gear, and lets face it his penchant for blowing up DBs is electrifying. Smith is probably the most athletic of all of them in terms of shiftiness but again they’re all good in their own way and an argument can be made all around. It’s a ridiculous stable for 2019. Have to believe most fans and observers think with this line and these guys at RB we can win with any of them. They’re all really, really good.

Let’s head to the tape. Without checking stats these single game results are skewed by defensive quality and it appears we are blowing GT off the ball while Indiana is at least marginally tougher along the line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLNDM7LRIVg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/deXMVrBKdug" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

I felt the same way well before the end of last season and his performance in the bowl game pushed that conclusion possibly to the point of no return. In my mind, he clearly is better than Rodney Smith at the same point in his career. Brooks has had some great games but he's appeared in 7 games over the last two years. He's also more fumble prone than Ibrahim.

The strong preference for Rodney and Brooks over Ibrahim is the product of biased attachment. Of course, those posters will never admit that (or even realize it). They'll say that Ibrahim's performance is just due to the line. I guess last season's offensive line was just so much better than all those that preceded it.

It boggles my mind that anyone doesn’t see Brooks is by far number 3 of the 3

Top Bottom