Michael Hurt hopes a winning program keeps more elite MN kids home with Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Post Bulletin:

Hurt needed just three years to get a degree in kinesiology. He is now a graduate student and he will be going for two Master's degrees in Minnesota starting this fall, one in human resources and the other in business administration. Some of those classes overlap so he will be able to get the two degrees in three years rather than four.

He also has a goal during his final season on the court with the Gophers.

"I want to make it back to the NCAA Tournament," he said. "That's one of the big things I want to accomplish coming back. I can't remember the last time a Gopher has made it to the tournament three out of four years. I think that's something I would be able to look back on and say that's something we were able to accomplish in my class."

And moving forward, he hopes a winning program with keep more elite Minnesota players in state to play for the Gophers.

"Just showing Minnesota kids that they can come here and win and be successful," he said. "I think that is really huge not only for Minnesota kids, but for the top Minnesota kids that are leaving the borders. If we can get it to a point where all the Minnesota kids, those top guys are staying, I think this program will continue to grow."

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports...cle_994927d2-b406-11e9-8828-83724a0fcb65.html

Go Gophers!!

Michael, the answer to your question is 1994, 1995, and 1997.

And it’s the only time in Gopher history they went to 3 NCAA tourneys in 4 years.

Is Michael the guy who had a brother who played basketball? lol Gracious, let's just cover our eyes and ignore that little conversation piece. Pretty weak writing.

Hope Michael has a great year coming off the bench to help the Gophers.

Michael, the answer to your question is 1994, 1995, and 1997.

And it’s the only time in Gopher history they went to 3 NCAA tourneys in 4 years.
Should've been five, got jobbed in 93 and 96

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom