Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Perhaps subtle jabs at the current coach and badger in your name is insulting?

K cheats. William Avery. Yet your love of k is great.
    Don't forget Corey Magette. Calhoun just our heated him in 99. K just takes a back injury whenever he has a bad team so the loses don't count towards his legacy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Don't forget Corey Magette. Calhoun just our heated him in 99. K just takes a back injury whenever he has a bad team so the loses don't count towards his legacy

Oh yes I remember magette. So does builtbadgers. He just chooses to have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    There are no Minnesota people playing for Duke.
    I don't get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Perhaps subtle jabs at the current coach and badger in your name is insulting?

K cheats. William Avery. Yet your love of k is great.
    I am not the one picking K over Pitino, players are. There are plenty of reasons for them to think he is a vastly superior coach. I do not do subtle . My praise for things i see well done here are spelled out and there us nothing subtle about my criticisms. Why not stick to your standards of what is great, i will stick to mine. Instead you just have comments about me. Said it a hundred times, it is my opinion that what we have had here is mediocre. I explained that i expect way more. My whole life has been built around the idea of excellence. Raised on it. Not everything worked out best every time but when it came to building something it did and it worked in our family, in our business, in the programs we played a role in. No one can determine how great a fan i am based on my not cheering for all things Minnesota. My hometown is Carmel by the Sea and to me, for me that is more beautiful than anywhere here but i do not think that someone who thinks lake of the isles is nicer is crazy. They have their own opinion. I support Pitino being here right now but think he has done a poor job. Most people with that conference record after 6 years would be fired. If your great, do something great. For me that is win the conference, or make a final 4. For me the NIT means not in tournament. Others think Nit banners should be proudly displayed, 9-11 is good. Iam fine with fans that think that, their choice and i do not call them names for thinking otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I don't get the joke.
    Just like Benedict Arnold, after he joined the Brits, was no longer an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Just like Benedict Arnold, after he joined the Brits, was no longer an American.
    Ah, so something really stupid, as I suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    I am not the one picking K over Pitino, players are. There are plenty of reasons for them to think he is a vastly superior coach. I do not do subtle . My praise for things i see well done here are spelled out and there us nothing subtle about my criticisms. Why not stick to your standards of what is great, i will stick to mine. Instead you just have comments about me. Said it a hundred times, it is my opinion that what we have had here is mediocre. I explained that i expect way more. My whole life has been built around the idea of excellence. Raised on it. Not everything worked out best every time but when it came to building something it did and it worked in our family, in our business, in the programs we played a role in. No one can determine how great a fan i am based on my not cheering for all things Minnesota. My hometown is Carmel by the Sea and to me, for me that is more beautiful than anywhere here but i do not think that someone who thinks lake of the isles is nicer is crazy. They have their own opinion. I support Pitino being here right now but think he has done a poor job. Most people with that conference record after 6 years would be fired. If your great, do something great. For me that is win the conference, or make a final 4. For me the NIT means not in tournament. Others think Nit banners should be proudly displayed, 9-11 is good. Iam fine with fans that think that, their choice and i do not call them names for thinking otherwise.
    +1000. Pitino's record, coaching, and recruiting has been underwhelming in 6 years to say the least.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    +1000. Pitino's record, coaching, and recruiting has been underwhelming in 6 years to say the least.

Two camps. One camp emphasizes Pitino's overall record and thin benches. The other camp emphasizes recent success and inordinate number of injuries. Facts put forth by both camps are correct. No doubt an irresolvable argument.
    Personally, I dont think Coach K could not have gotten the gophs any further than Pitino got them in 2016-17 or 2018-19.

Quote Originally Posted by ltf View Post
    Two camps. One camp emphasizes Pitino's overall record and thin benches. The other camp emphasizes recent success and inordinate number of injuries. Facts put forth by both camps are correct. No doubt an irresolvable argument.
    Personally, I dont think Coach K could not have gotten the gophs any further than Pitino got them in 2016-17 or 2018-19.
    Your right, no solvable but it is a bottom line business and we all have our own idea of what someone doing a great job looks like. Do you think anyone would have won more with those groups ? I do.

Your right, no solvable but it is a bottom line business and we all have our own idea of what someone doing a great job looks like. Do you think anyone would have won more with those groups ? I do.
    But you could make that argument about 99 percent of teams though and even so some of the guys you think might do better, may not, lot of variables as you know come into play in terms of what a coach wants, type of athlete they recruit etc etc. Or how strong the brand is. IMO I think Sean Miller is terribly overrated and just about every Big Ten coach could recruit on his level in Tucson. Sure, you're Tony Bennett and Calipari and Coach Kbtypes would do better, but I doubt someone like Danny Manning or Mike Hopkins, Eric Musselman or either the Hurley brothers would, they could, but no one could make that argument with any certainty on any of their behalfs

Impossible to know for sure, I suppose. Thought Coach's work was masterful during those two seasons. Fun to watch him mold the team.
    Last edited by ltf; 08-06-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Until the basketball team is relevant they'll just keep flowing out of the state.

It's really not a question of if anyone would have won more with those groups. More of a question of would someone that would have came here to replace him have won more games?

yeah a ton of people can win more, but like we saw when we hired him, not everyone thinks this is a great job unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    It's really not a question of if anyone would have won more with those groups. More of a question of would someone that would have came here to replace him have won more games?

yeah a ton of people can win more, but like we saw when we hired him, not everyone thinks this is a great job unfortunately.
    Nice ringing endorsement of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post

True but i am in the minority that the rebuilding jobs are the best jobs. I worked with coaches who actually targeted the worst jobs, far worse than this one. You have the chance to put in your own system, it is a clean slate. The Minnesota job is a incredible opportunity.