Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

I do my best driving while intoxicated.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I do my best driving while intoxicated.
    That's because most people didn't learn to drive, while intoxicated.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

We could change all the gun names to Native American names. That’ll do it!

You wanna buy an AR15 with a 30 round clip? You get a background check. And spare me the deer rifle comparisons. I hunt deer with a single shot rifle and do very well. Ive stripped and reassembled the military meyric variant of the AR15 so msny times I could do it left handed.

Pretending magazine size has no effect on mass shootings is silly.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saintpaulguy; 08-10-2019 at 03:09 PM.

You didn't really think this one through, didja?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    You keep asking for beeg, kgf, ogee etc to list the new legislation they want.
    Or go on record saying they don't want any new legislation. CRG and bga1 are on record now saying they don't any new laws to attempt to combat mass shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I don't want your vague statements about making purchases more difficult.
    I only asked them for vague ideas, nothing specific. I don't have anything specific for you, at this time, and don't plan on spending any effort to research and write something specific. I'll leave that to the professionals.

That doesn't prove that nothing should be done, which you already say you're fine if some types of attempts are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    We've had guns for centuries, but didn't have these types of shootings.
    Semi-automatic handguns and rifles have been easy for any person to purchase, for centuries?

No need to be dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    We don't need more legislation. I already told you that. Why didn't we need this legislation that you want so badly, 60 years ago? Where were all the mass murders then?
    There weren’t millions of military weapons floating around in the civilian population, Humble Beggar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not putting this here as an example of specific plans that I support. Rather, just putting it here for discussion's sake.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/10/74994...n-deaths-by-80

She is also reiterating her desire to eliminate the filibuster to pass gun legislation, citing the fact that a majority of Americans support gun restrictions, and her belief that gun control could pass in the Senate.

"We've gotta have a leader who's willing to stand up to the gun lobby and say no more. And to take away one of their principle tools, which is the filibuster," she said.

But Warren is going beyond some of the more commonly discussed ideas, such as stricter background checks or a ban on assault weapons. Her plan calls for creating a federal licensing system, limiting the number of firearms someone could buy, raising the minimum age to 21 for purchasing a gun, holding gun manufacturers liable (and, in some cases, even holding gun industry CEOs personally liable).

She also wants to raise taxes for gun manufacturers (from 10% to 30% on guns and from 11% to 50% on ammunition).

Additionally, Warren's plan calls for $100 million annual investment into gun violence research. She points out that the frequency of automobile deaths in the United States declined with widespread safety measures, such as seat belts and air bags. With the same approach, she says, her goal of an 80% reduction in gun-related deaths could be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Not putting this here as an example of specific plans that I support. Rather, just putting it here for discussion's sake.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/10/74994...n-deaths-by-80
    Discussion? Warren is a radical lefty that doesn’t respect the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    respect the Constitution.
    Respect for the constitution shouldn't be the end of the discussion. Discussion can and should exist outside the constitution. If you don't want to participate, that's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Respect for the constitution shouldn't be the end of the discussion. Discussion can and should exist outside the constitution. If you don't want to participate, that's your choice.
    Warren is proposing everything that she can to deter the purchase or sale of guns, so that she can circumvent the 2nd Amendment without admitting to doing so or stating that she is against it.

Prediction. The President knows that the NRA is failing and bankrupt. And, he really stands for nothing besides being re elelected. And, he’s a member of the WWE hall of fame. I’m not being funny here. He is going to pull the ultimate heel face turn. He knows he’s got Kavanaugh and Gorsich as his wing men, and people want to see action here. 5dchess.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Discussion? Warren is a radical lefty that doesn’t respect the Constitution.
    Ok. Explain. Too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    Prediction. The President knows that the NRA is failing and bankrupt. And, he really stands for nothing besides being re elelected. And, he’s a member of the WWE hall of fame. I’m not being funny here. He is going to pull the ultimate heel face turn. He knows he’s got Kavanaugh and Gorsich as his wing men, and people want to see action here. 5dchess.
    I think you’re wrong, but the NRA has little to do with it. I think he’s going to encourage States to enact laws that they see as most suitable as long as the 2nd Amendment and due process are respected.