Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Default Mass shooting at Texas Wal-Mart, at least 20 dead

20 lives lost, countless lives of friends and family forever shattered. It seems so senseless. I haven't seen a motive yet. https://www.foxnews.com/us/el-paso-w...ief-greg-allen

Initial report I heard points to a white supremacist lunatic. Man I wish that sick ideology would end.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Initial report I heard points to a white supremacist lunatic. Man I wish that sick ideology would end.
    If that's true, then we definitely have a case of domestic terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    If that's true, then we definitely have a case of domestic terrorism.
    In any case, we have a case of mental illness. A political ideology is just a way to vent their sickness.

Mike Pence has offered prayers.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

I expect that a lot of people in El Paso and around the country are praying for the victims and families of the victims.

The suspect in the deadly shooting at an El Paso shopping center is Patrick Crusius, 21, of Allen, Texas, three sources tell CNN.

The information comes from two federal law enforcement sources and one state government source. The federal sources tell CNN that investigators are reviewing an online writing posted days before the shooting that may speak to a motive.

The online posting was believed to be written by Crusius, the sources said, but that has not been confirmed.

In a news conference, Sgt. Robert Gomez of the El Paso Police Department told reporters the suspect in custody is a white male in his 20s.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/el-...67f74f294bbb0c

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I expect that a lot of people in El Paso and around the country are praying for the victims and families of the victims.
    Most people are praying that we change our gun laws to make it more difficult for white nationalist terrorists and other terrorists to get their hands on these weapons of mass destruction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In any case, we have a case of mental illness. A political ideology is just a way to vent their sickness.
    Stop making excuses for terrorists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anti-Defamation League (ADL) Report: Right-Wingers Committed Every 2018 Extremist Murder In US

“The white supremacist attack in Pittsburgh should serve as a wake-up call to everyone about the deadly consequences of hateful rhetoric,” ADL CEO Jonathan A. Greenblatt said in a statement accompanying the report’s release. “It’s time for our nation’s leaders to appropriately recognize the severity of the threat and to devote the necessary resources to address the scourge of right-wing extremism.”

The ADL only includes in its count incidents in which there is “positive evidence connecting the murderer to an extremist group or movement,” rather than just a killing committed by someone who has expressed racist, anti-Semitic, or other hateful comments. They are categorized by their “primary” ideology, meaning the one they seem most driven by, most recently followed, or that clearly drove the murder they carried out.

As the ADL notes, “the deaths described here represent merely the tip of a pyramid of extremist violence and crime in the United States; for each person killed by an extremist, many more are wounded or injured in attempted murders and assaults. Extremists engage in a wide variety of other crimes related to their causes, from threats and harassment to white collar crime.”

Read complete article at: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...s-2018-murders

Great. An easy, useless platitude. How helpful.

I know I am. I’m confident that both the quick and the dead will experience the comfort of my supplications.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

The on-line post - some called it a "Manifesto" was posted on some site called 8-Chan which is apparently associated with 4 Chan. Report I heard described 8-Chan as a preferred site for white nationalists.

A reporter who had read the post described it as attacking immigrants and minorities, and calling for white men to regain control of the country. apparently talked about some type of 'race war' that will be coming between whites and immigrants/minorities. To me, that sounds a lot like Charles Manson and his "helter skelter" ideas of a war between blacks and whites.

The mall in El Paso that was attacked is apparently known as a popular shopping site for Hispanics, immigrants and Mexican nationals who routinely cross the border from Juarez, Mexico to shop in El Paso. Several of the dead and wounded were identified as Mexican nationals. The mall was also having some kind of a promotion with no sales tax for the weekend, so the place was packed with families doing back-to-school shopping.

The alleged shooter lives near Dallas, so the guy drove 9 hours to El Paso. In other words, the site was chosen - not a coincidence.

A white supremacist Trump supporter. Shocking.