Annexstad out indefinitely with foot injury

Big Ten leaders, yards per attempt off play action. Morgan #1 with 11.4 yards per attempt. That’s a nice stat.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1158395497478049792?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though he is injured and won't be playing anytime soon, nice to see that both our original starter options were in the top 5. Only school that had 2 QBs there (though that may be more due to the fact that they each played half a season)

For what it’s worth...I like Tanner Morgan. He seems to have that intangible that a lot of good QB’s have. He reminds me a lot of Brock Jensen that played at NDSU prior to Wentz. Not the best arm, not the fastest, and sometimes threw really stupid passes. BUT the kid was a winner and a great leader. Hoping the best for Tanner and want him to embrace the role and succeed!!

From the PP. This doesn’t sound like any typical Lisfranc surgery recovery.

Annexstad’s injury, which was not specified Saturday, could require surgery. If so, it would be done as soon as possible to jump-start the healing.

A more detailed understanding of the injury suggests Annexstad is expected to need to be off his foot for about six weeks, followed by roughly six weeks for weight-bearing activities and then up to six weeks of rehab. Based on the full extent of that timeline, Annexstad could return to prep for a possible bowl game in December.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/...ck-annexstad-out-indefinitely-with-an-injury/

Then again, the MN orthopods might have some tricks up their sleeves for a more rapid recovery that aren’t common knowledge.

And maybe Annexstad is a fast healer, you never know.

From the PP. This doesn’t sound like any typical Lisfranc surgery recovery.

Annexstad’s injury, which was not specified Saturday, could require surgery. If so, it would be done as soon as possible to jump-start the healing.

A more detailed understanding of the injury suggests Annexstad is expected to need to be off his foot for about six weeks, followed by roughly six weeks for weight-bearing activities and then up to six weeks of rehab. Based on the full extent of that timeline, Annexstad could return to prep for a possible bowl game in December.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/...ck-annexstad-out-indefinitely-with-an-injury/

Then again, the MN orthopods might have some tricks up their sleeves for a more rapid recovery that aren’t common knowledge.

Well, according to Wikipedia, that does sound a lot like their definition of a lisfranc procedure:

According to a 1997 study, for severe Lisfranc injuries, open reduction with internal fixation (ORIF) and temporary screw or Kirschner wire fixation is the treatment of choice.[15] The foot cannot be allowed to bear weight for a minimum of six weeks. Partial weight-bearing may then begin, with full weight bearing after an additional several weeks, depending on the specific injury. K-wires are typically removed after six weeks, before weight bearing, while screws are often removed after 12 weeks.[15]

now, there are different classifications for a lisfranc injury depending on severity, and the suggested treatment and recovery time will vary depending again on severity.

One particular out pass drill Kramer missed at least 2 passes (out of maybe 5), one short, one behind; and one of those caught the receiver had to go up and get. In another drill, he overthrew the receiver by several feet. I did not see the same from Morgan or Clark. Yes his down field balls were underwhelming, and receivers had to adjust a lot more to his than the other two. Less concerned about that compared to the short/medium passes his missed on.

Overall both are a noticeable drop-off from Morgan, Clark less so than Kramer IMHO.

Based on the drills/plays run Saturday, I did not see a noticeable difference in mobility between the three. I agree and pointed out in other posts that Clark's delivery is long, and I hope it gets worked on. I'm sure Clark and Kramer will get a lot of attention over the next several weeks, so both should improve.

I pretty much watched the QBs exclusively. I know exactly which drill you're referring to with Kramer. That must have been the only drill you watched.

I'm curious if you also disagree on mobility.

Last edited:

Well, according to Wikipedia, that does sound a lot like their definition of a lisfranc procedure:

According to a 1997 study, for severe Lisfranc injuries, open reduction with internal fixation (ORIF) and temporary screw or Kirschner wire fixation is the treatment of choice.[15] The foot cannot be allowed to bear weight for a minimum of six weeks. Partial weight-bearing may then begin, with full weight bearing after an additional several weeks, depending on the specific injury. K-wires are typically removed after six weeks, before weight bearing, while screws are often removed after 12 weeks.[15]

now, there are different classifications for a lisfranc injury depending on severity, and the suggested treatment and recovery time will vary depending again on severity.

That would be really unusual and an accelerated pace but like I said perhaps there are methods we aren’t aware of to help the tissue to heal faster and allow rehab to proceed quickly.

My fear is they try to rush him back and risk reinjury before the ligament and/or bone is ready for the tremendous stress. He’s already been through an episode with the fiasco last year.

That would be really unusual and an accelerated pace but like I said perhaps there are methods we aren’t aware of to help the tissue to heal faster and allow rehab to proceed quickly.

My fear is they try to rush him back and risk reinjury before the ligament and/or bone is ready for the tremendous stress. He’s already been through an episode with the fiasco last year.

I doubt the wikipedia entry is "unusual" or "an accelerated pace".

Also a big difference between the timeline for your average person, and a D1 athlete, in terms of restrictions. If I had a Lisfranc, they'd probably clear me for light activity after the 6 week non weight bearing, 12 week rehab.

Also obvious that the timeline they've released doesn't need to be anything other than a best case scenario. I doubt we see him at all this year.

I pretty much watched the QBs exclusively. I know exactly which drill you're referring to with Kramer. That must have been the only drill you watched.

I'm curious if you also disagree on mobility.

I did the same, watched all the QB drills, which included the down field throws. He had missed throws in more than one set of drills. Taken all together, it was clear to me. I commented on mobility in my last post as well.

Even though he is injured and won't be playing anytime soon, nice to see that both our original starter options were in the top 5. Only school that had 2 QBs there (though that may be more due to the fact that they each played half a season)

Yeah, I should have noted that too, especially since it’s an Annexstad thread. The other three listed, Stanley, Martinez and Patterson, are widely considered the best QBs in the conference. Morgan shows up on most of these lists, and Annexstad makes on occasional appearance.

I did the same, watched all the QB drills, which included the down field throws. He had missed throws in more than one set of drills. Taken all together, it was clear to me. I commented on mobility in my last post as well.

Clark could certainly win the job, he has the advantage of running a similar offense in HS. Thinking Kramer couldn't is stupid. I'm not the only one who noticed Kramer throwing darts.

Clark could certainly win the job, he has the advantage of running a similar offense in HS. Thinking Kramer couldn't is stupid. I'm not the only one who noticed Kramer throwing darts.

Goodbye.

I doubt the wikipedia entry is "unusual" or "an accelerated pace".

Also a big difference between the timeline for your average person, and a D1 athlete, in terms of restrictions. If I had a Lisfranc, they'd probably clear me for light activity after the 6 week non weight bearing, 12 week rehab.

Also obvious that the timeline they've released doesn't need to be anything other than a best case scenario. I doubt we see him at all this year.

You can choose to believe whatever you wish. The 5 stages of grief applies here.

Do you happen to remember at which bar you saw this...and did he have his own darts? [emoji57]

Ahhh, sorry, didn’t know you were so sensitive about your awful opinion.

If only he handled someone disagreeing with his opinion as well as you are.

If only he handled someone disagreeing with his opinion as well as you are.

Thinking Kramer cannot win the job is stupid. If that statement upsets you, maybe you need some thicker skin. Thinking Clark will win the job is a perfectly fine opinion to have.

Are you really in a position to call me out?

"Alexa, make Spoofin and Section2 stop fighting!"

"Alexa, make Spoofin and Section2 stop fighting!"

"Playing Five for Fighting."

<iframe width="691" height="518" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GRz4FY0ZcwI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Are you really in a position to call me out?

Until I make a post that calls someone stupid for disagreeing with me and then in the same breath tell them they have thin skin, yes.

per Megan:

Coy about Morgan

Fleck said Annexstad was originally scheduled to have surgery Monday, but instead will undergo an operation on his foot Wednesday. Annexstad was on a scooter at practice, his right foot booted, and is out “indefinitely.”

Considering Annexstad and Morgan were in a battle for the starting job, all Fleck has to do is decree Morgan QB1.

“I don’t know if you want me to officially name Tanner a starter, but I don’t know if I should do that,” Fleck teased. “Maybe I’ll hold off until tomorrow or something … just to keep everybody in suspense. But I think it’s pretty obvious.”

Fleck said Morgan has stepped up “big time” in the wake of the injury, especially considering how his reps have doubled. Now it’s a matter of monitoring his output to make sure Morgan, who practices like it’s a game every session, doesn’t wear himself out before the season starts.

Morgan, though, was genuinely disappointed for Annexstad, who he said is now assuming the role of “assistant quarterback coach.”

“It’s very unfortunate, what happened. He’s an incredible competitor and pushed me to be better every single day,” Morgan said. “Injuries are a part of the game, and now we have to respond as a team.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-green-to-again-help-fill-the-void/524283061/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I don't know how to copy and paste it here (being a tech klutz) - but I saw a tweet from Teddy Bridgewater the other day. An unnamed person had sent him a message. The message said something like "went down with a non-contact injury last week at beginning of camp. Lis Franc fracture in my foot. Just looking for anything that kept you positive or kept you going when you were going through your injury." Bridgewater responded by talking about the importance of keeping a positive attitude and finding a purpose beyond football.

My point is - the person sending the message to Teddy was not identified - but it sure sounds like Annexstad. Granted, he is probably not the only football player to have a non-contact foot injury at the start of camp, but it is a heck of a coincidence.

I don't know how to copy and paste it here (being a tech klutz) - but I saw a tweet from Teddy Bridgewater the other day. An unnamed person had sent him a message. The message said something like "went down with a non-contact injury last week at beginning of camp. Lis Franc fracture in my foot. Just looking for anything that kept you positive or kept you going when you were going through your injury." Bridgewater responded by talking about the importance of keeping a positive attitude and finding a purpose beyond football.

My point is - the person sending the message to Teddy was not identified - but it sure sounds like Annexstad. Granted, he is probably not the only football player to have a non-contact foot injury at the start of camp, but it is a heck of a coincidence.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PJ said he's out out of his boot and a return is still possible.

Last edited:

PJ said he out out of his boot and a return is still possible.

woman-livedinashoe.gif

Out on his own! Such a big boy!

PJ said he out out of his boot and a return is still possible.

Yep, he also said “to provide more depth” to avoid unnecessary QB controversies.

I’m assuming you heard this on KFAN. That’s where I heard it.

He was also asked about the #2, and proceeded to talk about Kramer first and then Clark. Don’t expect one of them to come in Saturday unless absolutely necessary. He explained that he didn’t put one of them in against Nebraska, because he didn’t want to burn one of their allowable 4 games, just in case they’re needed at the end of the year.

Top Bottom